Where are most carPC's based

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are most carPC's based

I was wondering where the vast majority of you all are, are car computers considered mainstream where you are or this still a niche thing.

It seems that by the number of american meets that the biggest culture is stateside (true/false?)

Guess I will find out how big it is in the UK when I go to Billing aquadrome 25/26th

Cheers
    if you can't find time to do it right, when are you gonna find time to do it over.

I'm in the UK... see you at the Aquadrome!

Comment

USA here..
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Well there you go - two out of three carpc owners are in the uk...
        You heard it here first....
        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")
        Bunny's first poo
        __ U

Comment

I think this UK meet will be the biggest carpc meet ever
          CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Well, I've been to a mp3car meet the past two weekends. One in the DC area and one in Long Island, NY. Its defitely not mainstream yet. There was about a dozen or so setups at both meets.

I expect it to start to get mainstream next year.
            --------
            mykolJay
            99 Accord coupe
            http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
            My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

I saw a meet in Atlanta, but from Memphis that's a 7hr drive... or shorter depending on how fast you drive <g>

I think myself and one other friend are the only people in this area that have this setup. If there's anyone else in the Tri-State-Memphis area on here, definitely speak up.

Mind Scream out
              Mind Scream out

Comment

Another UKer here.

I think the UK meet will see a lot of people because it is at most about 5hrs drive for anyone in the UK!

Don't worry, I'll be taking my camera, and i've got a 256mb memory card to fill, plus USB cable to transfer piccies to a PC if I fill it up

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

well ive got a 64mb one, so there, plus il take pics before you
                  CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Don't worry, I'll be taking my camera, and i've got a 256mb memory card to fill, plus USB cable to transfer piccies to a PC if I fill it up
                    I must remember my USB cable so I can do the same! If we find an open access point then we can upload them to the forum for the USA to see whilst we are there!

... I've just realised how sad that sounded.

Comment

I thought there was quite an interest in australia as well but I guess the time difference might make for a lack of replies....

I took the liberty of phoning the 4 biggest car magazines in the UK, (max power, fast car, redline and revs), to ask their opinion and to see if people are offering an all in one product to buy off the shelf for people to put in their car, they hadn't really heard of it and were quite interested to know more, maybe they should be invited to the aquadrome?

The closest they had was a feature of someone who had used a laptop to perform engine tuning, not really the mp3 multimedia scenario we deal with here.

I know that these magazines sometimes cater for the lowest common denominator when it comes to car enthusiasts but i was thinking that their interest could spawn increased sales and hence lower prices, the whole economy of scale approach, couple this with increased demand for sophisticated software and we could really be onto something, from the replies above it seems that our car PC's are niche, maybe its time for mainstream?

Opinions???

Cheers
                      if you can't find time to do it right, when are you gonna find time to do it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                        Hmmm, seems like confused and motoko are going to have a digital camera draw contest.
                        Let's see if he can beat me with 2 cameras

Anyway...about some magazines coming to Billing, it might be an idea, but i don't know if we want all the chavs coming onto this forum and starting off all the "OMG IM PUTING SUM NAWZ AND EMM PEE THREEEZ IN MAH NOVA!!!1!!" or suchlike
                        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Emm Pee Threeez Rule!
                          Mods: 18" Boss rims,Twin custom stainless exhaust,cold air induction.
                          Sound: Pioneer 7400 HU & 6x9's,12" Vibe Sub,600W Kenwood amp.
                          CarPC: MicroATX, Inverter, WinTV, Lilliput 7", USB GPS
                          http://www.no1knows.com/galleries/

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                            Let's see if he can beat me with 2 cameras

Anyway...about some magazines coming to Billing, it might be an idea, but i don't know if we want all the chavs coming onto this forum and starting off all the "OMG IM PUTING SUM NAWZ AND EMM PEE THREEEZ IN MAH NOVA!!!1!!" or suchlike

looks around nervously incase m2rv h is anywhere near this thread

Comment

Working...
                            X