Seattle Area Meet Saturday, Sept. 25th at noon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Area Meet Saturday, Sept. 25th at noon

For some reason I can still only see the title of the old post...so I thought maybe I would start a new one...

The meet is at the date and time above at the huge vacant parking lot directly to the north of Fry's Electronics in Renton.

Can we get a "show", "no show" for who all will be there.

I will be a "show".
    OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
    www.whipflash.com
    Finally a new Avatar!

Yeah, I edited the "title" of the thread (which only I can do as the person that started it), but it only changed the title of the first post in the thread, and not the thread title that is seen in the forum index.

I will definately be a show.

-Daniel Marsh

Comment

show

Comment

I'll be there!
        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
        Newest install - my quickest ever
        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

show

Comment

Hey Yuriy, I was in Vetco Surplus today and thought of you. They had these 10.4" SVGA touchscreens for sale for $9.95. They have a bunch of them too. They would be perfect, except they don't have any information on the pinouts. They have a two pin lead of larger wire that looks to be DC-in and two fifteen pin connectors. 15 pins sure sounds like VGA input, right? Anyone want to take a crack at these?

Comment

if more then 4 or 5 people were comming I'd come over from victoria.. maybe next time if theres more planned

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Marsh
                Hey Yuriy, I was in Vetco Surplus today and thought of you. They had these 10.4" SVGA touchscreens for sale for $9.95. They have a bunch of them too. They would be perfect, except they don't have any information on the pinouts. They have a two pin lead of larger wire that looks to be DC-in and two fifteen pin connectors. 15 pins sure sounds like VGA input, right? Anyone want to take a crack at these?
                yeah i know this is off topic but :-D ... that does sound interesting even if i couldn't figure it out its worth $10 to beat the **** out of something ... but alas I am stuck over here in iowa and the displays don't seem to be on their website
                don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

Im a possible show from Portland.

Comment

tunnel vision looks like more than 4 or 5

Is the place that has the 10.4 LCD in the Seattle area?
                    www.whipflash.com
                    Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Nevermind, I googled it.
                      www.whipflash.com
                      Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Even if it isn't on their website, give Vetco a call and they will ship it. They seemed to have about 20 of the displays on the shelf when I was in there today. I spoke with Vetco's owner and he said the LCDs were leftover from the end of a big run of industrial computers for a company called Intermec. They did have some information about the computers, but no pinouts for the panels themselves. You might be able to call up Intermec and get them, though.

One interesting thing about the displays is that they are designed to be "direct sunlight readable." I often have visibility problems with my Lilliput in direct sunlight, so this could be a major plus, but I can't see myself going with something as large as 10" in my car. Oh, the LCDs have a native resolution of 800*600.

-Dan

Comment

Wow, Dan, that is some find!
                          800x600 resolution means it is adapted for VGA, we just need the pinout!
                          Transreflective AND touchscreen? $10 bucks?
                          Could you please give me the address so I could drive up there this Saturday or Sunday?
                          You got me very interested here! I beleive the $20 I spend for gas and the screen could be a very small price to pay for a 10" VGA touchscreen. How long do you suppose they would be in stock?

edit: googled the name, is this the correct address?
                          12718 Northup Way, Bellevue, WA 98005

I must see those LCDs!
                          00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                          Newest install - my quickest ever
                          My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                          My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

I may drop by on the way down to Seattle tomorrow and grab a couple. I have no idea what I would do with them. But at $10 you can't go wrong.

Could this be what they are for?

http://www.intermec.com/eprise/main/...duct=CMPTRCT60

This is what the PDF says:

Display: 26.4cm (10.4) Active Matrix color display; All-Vis (sunlight readable) or transmissive (indoor). Active backlight control turns backlight off when not needed.
                            www.whipflash.com
                            Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Yeah, that is the place Yuriy.

Comment

Working...
                              X