Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Meet!!!

The meet is over, but you can read about it http://carpc.riposte.net/

But planning for the next meet is under way.
    AMD XP 2000+ 512Mb Ram MB:A-7VM400AM-RZ
    Zenarc 700TSV Netgear USB WiFi GPS Opus 150
    Running Win XP, FP, MM

I'm up for a meet! (does anyone else feel alittle paranoid about showing this stuff off though?)

Post a time and place!

Comment

yeh if its sydney count me in :P
      [|||||-----] 95% complete

Comment

I'm in, work permitting. I live in the inner west. How about the rest of you? we can meet somewhere central.
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

too bad i'm in qld.

[....99.9%]
          [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
          [....99.8%]
          [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
          [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Most of the meets at this stage have been in Melbourne, so I know how you feel. It's about time we had our own here in Sydney.
            I plan to drive up to Brisvegas early next year, maybe we could plan a meet then.
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Im order for me to show anything, it would have to be in my study - it's all back to bench test stage!

How about some time in the new year, after all the xmas madness?

Location suggestion: Olympic Park - it's nice and central...

C!
              http://carpc.riposte.net
              I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Damn i hate living in Perth.

Comment

I might be interested, depending on where it was being held and date etc.

Comment

I haven't heard of any meets in melbourne??

Im trying to get 1 going tho i know a few would like a meet so even if its only 3 people its still good to have a meet in melbourne

At the end of the year I was thinking of driving to sydney but with the way fuel prices are its cheaper to fly :P

Oh well its the way it goes
                    CarPC Status:
                    GPS: 99%
                    Hardware: 99%
                    Software: 92%
                    Case Install: 99.9%
                    Dash Install: 100%
                    Car Install: 72%

Comment

Originally posted by C4M
                      Im order for me to show anything, it would have to be in my study - it's all back to bench test stage!

How about some time in the new year, after all the xmas madness?

Location suggestion: Olympic Park - it's nice and central...

C!

Hows mid / late jan sound?

Olympic park would be a good spot.
                      AMD XP 2000+ 512Mb Ram MB:A-7VM400AM-RZ
                      Zenarc 700TSV Netgear USB WiFi GPS Opus 150
                      Running Win XP, FP, MM

Comment

@TX5: Sounds perfect. Meddler might even have something to show by that time as well!

@Hellcat: We now have a suggestion for time and place. How does this sound to you?

@NiN^_^NiN: I'm going on a road trip to Adelaide at that time to catch up with family. How does TX5's suggested time sound to you? Remember that fuel is only expensive compared to Australian prices, not world prices :-)

C!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominik
                          I'm up for a meet! (does anyone else feel alittle paranoid about showing this stuff off though?)

Post a time and place!
                          To a degree yes. Once we get a list of people that are interested in attending, I'd prefer to take the arrangments offline to email.

How does Olympic Park in mid/late Jan work for you?

C!

Comment

Hmm well i wont have any holidays then as im taking my holidays at xmas and i wont be able to get anymore time off work.

I'll think about driving to sydney a few days after xmas instead of flying as i need a holiday sooooooo bad its not funny

I'll see whats happening but dont count me in cause i don't think i'll be driving up there anyway

Hope u guys have a good time if i don't come

Just a few quick Tips:
                            1) Take a digital Camera
                            2) Think about doing a BBQ or have a food place around like subway or maccas etc. (subways almost better for u lol)
                            3) Think about setting up a WIFI network to transfere software movies or music if you want to or even play a few lan games :P
                            4) Make sure you have manual instructions to get there for people who dont have the carputer working yet or don't have GPS in their setup.
                            5) Bring paper to help jot down ideas or draw diagrams for people who get idea on how to help your/their setup

That should cover most things
                            CarPC Status:
                            GPS: 99%
                            Hardware: 99%
                            Software: 92%
                            Case Install: 99.9%
                            Dash Install: 100%
                            Car Install: 72%

Comment

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
                              Hmm well i wont have any holidays then as im taking my holidays at xmas and i wont be able to get anymore time off work.

I'll think about driving to sydney a few days after xmas instead of flying as i need a holiday sooooooo bad its not funny

I'll see whats happening but dont count me in cause i don't think i'll be driving up there anyway

Hope u guys have a good time if i don't come

Just a few quick Tips:
                              1) Take a digital Camera
                              2) Think about doing a BBQ or have a food place around like subway or maccas etc. (subways almost better for u lol)
                              3) Think about setting up a WIFI network to transfere software movies or music if you want to or even play a few lan games :P
                              4) Make sure you have manual instructions to get there for people who dont have the carputer working yet or don't have GPS in their setup.
                              5) Bring paper to help jot down ideas or draw diagrams for people who get idea on how to help your/their setup

That should cover most things
                              Sounds like you really really really wanna come up!
                              Honda CRV Install:
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...233#post390233

http://hihidamon.gfoto.com

Comment

Working...
                              X