Melbourne, Australia meet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne, Australia meet

I live in Sydney, but there seems to be a lot of interest in a meet in Melbourne.

Unless it's mid to late next year, I won't be attending, but I figured that you Victorians could use a thread of your own so that you can stop crapping the Sydney one

C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Sydney boooooooo Sydney booooooooooooo
    Joke

Sorry about postin in the sydney thread :P but we wernt gonna start a melb 1 anyway lol oh well we might as well start

So who's up for 1?
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

I'm interested, but i have nothing to show as I'm only getting started

but mid to late next yr sounds good to me, hopefully i'll have something by then.. hehe

Comment

i aint got much to show either. i got everything.. just been lazy with putting it all in..
        View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Well it doesn't matter if u got nothing to show its more for people to show off and exchange ideas on carPC's.

I have all my parts basiclly its just sitting in my back seat with the LCD on the passengers seat.

It just to meet up see what people have and chat about the pc's and our idea's thats it

If you don't have a carpc yet still come to get some ideas
          CarPC Status:

Comment

im all set with mine. once we get more interest wouldnt mind some date suggestions

Comment

22nd of Jan 2005

there i throwed out a date lol

But it will give people time to work on the CARPC over xmas and jan so its not to bad of an idea

Now iv gotta start work on my motorised screen for my 7" composite lcd
              CarPC Status:

Comment

I am interested, but I can only attend from 10th Dec -> 14th Dec (leaving on the 15th) and from 6th Jan -> 30th Jan
                I should buy my Xenarc soon, although I already have a Lilliput. The carputer is in the trunk, just gotta buy a long vga cable and a long usb cable.
                Maybe even an FM modulator if I get sick of this FM Transmitter!
                I'm up for a meet even just for a chat, count me in.
                Fox Mulder
                2004 Toyota MR2
                Modified Intel Xeon E5450 3Ghz Quad Core 2GB RAM 160GB SSD M4ATX Xenarc 700TSV TS Toslink Audio BU353 DiNovo Mini Car2PC ODBII Bluetooth HF 16x2 Character LCD

Comment

Cool should be good

Now i have to get my list of melb ppl n pm them to this thread
                  CarPC Status:

Comment

Sounds good - I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys, even if my carpc isn't exactly completed in time.
                    I'd only be able to meet up on weekends tho (stupid full time job)

Comment

ok i've just msg over 20 melbourne guys pointing them to this thread so expect a rush of guys

well i hope

I dont think i forgot anyone???
                      CarPC Status:

Comment

I wouldnt mind meeting.. and a mate of mine whos doing the same thing wouldn mind either..

Were;re both still gathering.. only got Via MB, Ram, Hdd, DVD, and GPS Receiver, i'm still in need of a power supply (thinkin opus), and LCD touchscreen .. thinking Xenarc.. as i have read that the lilliputs are a bit cheaper quality?? how true is this ?

Danny!
                        Car: Ford BA2 XR6 Turbo
                        CarPC System 50%
                        Via M-13000
                        256mb DDR
                        40gb HDD
                        BU-303 USB GPS Reciever

Awaiting LCD w/touch

Comment

Originally posted by Fox_Mulder
                          I am interested, but I can only attend from 10th Dec -> 14th Dec (leaving on the 15th) and from 6th Jan -> 30th Jan
                          I should buy my Xenarc soon, although I already have a Lilliput. The carputer is in the trunk, just gotta buy a long vga cable and a long usb cable.
                          Maybe even an FM modulator if I get sick of this FM Transmitter!
                          I'm up for a meet even just for a chat, count me in.
                          will you be selling ur lilliput when you get your xenarc?

oh yeah, for the rest of you melb ppl to, if u want to sell 2nd hand parts for the carpc then let me know, so far i just have a normal pc box. I'd really be interested in a 7" vga touch screen, d2d power supply and um cable.... and anything else i'd need to get this project started.

cheers

chris

Comment

This is awesome! I can't wait to meet you guys. Nin Nin, thanks for the p.m! The only thing is that I am so fkn broke now and will be working hard soon. Set a date, I'll pray that I'm free.

Comment

I'm glad some have replyed so far thanks guys

Swapping or selling parts aint a bad idea either.

The meet will be on a weekend as most of use are to busy weekdays with jobs school and what else
                              CarPC Status:

Comment

Working...
                              X