Ottawa area people?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa area people?

I know there are a few people who live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
    What's the status of your projects?

Mine is basically complete. I just have some cold weather issues. Post your info, specs and status.

We should all meet up somewhere sometime too.

-Knubile

I'm in Barrhaven and my project is about 10% complete

I have the following parts but need better weather to size and test functionality

Xenarc 7" TS Monitor (USB)
    Xenarc 1.3Ghz, 40GB HDD, 512MB RAM, Win XP SP2 (no front end yet) MP-SC1 PC
    USB 4-port hub
    USB Bluetooth Dongle(100m)
    Jabra noise-cancelling Bluetooth headset
    Modded Microsoft 710 Wifi-G USB adapter
    7DB antenna for outside the car.
    Bluetooth GPS unit (Polstar)
    Run by Kensington dual-70W PSU adpater for wall/air/car use
    Logitech Wingman Wireless Gamepad for gaming.
    Also looking into A.I.M.E.E. as a voice activated front end.
    99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
    HW
    Liliput 8in TS
    845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
    60GB 2.5" HDD
    MS MN-710 WifiG
    BT Deluo lite GPS
    IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
    SW:
    Win XP SP2
    RR
    IGuidance 4.0
    Zots day skin
    Proscan 4.0
    (100% Complete!)

Comment

I'm in Montreal, Qc and have the same cold weather issue

starting my project in a couple of weeks, gathering the money right now
      Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
      Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
      Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

looneeii, have you set yours up indoors? Does it all work and you just have to actually install it in the car?

CapitainFritz, I'm going to be heading over to montreal for Formula 1 weekend in June. I hope your system is in your car by then.

Comment

I have everything but waiting for the weather to warm up and my lilliput is defective returned under warranty. Also waiting to see if Digitalww ever ships the one din housing.

Soon brothers, we will be free of this cold weather!

Peace
          2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
          2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
          Sound Stage
          Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by knubile
            looneeii, have you set yours up indoors? Does it all work and you just have to actually install it in the car?

CapitainFritz, I'm going to be heading over to montreal for Formula 1 weekend in June. I hope your system is in your car by then.
            Yup everything is all set in my room.
            99 Grand Prix Grand Tigress
            HW
            Liliput 8in TS
            845GVD MITX w/ 2.4 Mobile P4M (478 MB)
            60GB 2.5" HDD
            MS MN-710 WifiG
            BT Deluo lite GPS
            IrDa PS/2 Keyboard
            SW:
            Win XP SP2
            RR
            IGuidance 4.0
            Zots day skin
            Proscan 4.0
            (100% Complete!)

Comment

I just bought most of my system and have a lot of it already. I'd say my system's about 60-70% done once my latest purchases arrive lol I'm also in Ottawa. If you guys have anything setup I'd love to see it. I'm going with a C-138 case, SP13000 motherboard, 512MB RAM, 80 Gig drive, Microsoft Streets with GPS (hey, I got a deal :P), video input card, XM radio in the next month or so...and once this stuff's together, I'll just need to pick a front-end and do some skinning, etc. I'm not too worried about software...it's the hardware that I need to work on. I'll be purchasing an in-dash touchscreen...hopefully xenarc and a CarNetix smart power supply. Also hoping for rearview camera and some other misc junk lol But like I said if any of you guys want to meet up some time, let me know. Do any of you guys ever go to car shows, etc? -Joe

Comment

Mine's been set up and running since last summer. In the middle of a G35 installation now.
                What kind of car are you putting all this in?

Comment

I'd love to check that out sometime - what's your install in? Or is the G35 yours? I'm installing my parts into a 1993 Mazda Rx-7. Hopefully I'll have it done within the next couple months lol

Comment

Mine's in a Protege 5. Completely removed the stock stereo. How's the SP1300?
                    We can probably meet up some time next week if you're interested. What end of town are you in? I'm in the west end. We can pick any one of the 200 Tim Horton's within a 5 minutes drive of my house .

Comment

Your install sounds nice. Extra nice because it's in a Mazda :P j/k I don't have the SP13000 yet, it should be here in the next day or two though so I'll let you know by next week :P Next week is good if you want to meet up. I'm also in the west-end...I'm probably closest to the Tim's at Maitland and Merivale. What about you?

Comment

Anything new from Ottawa? How are the installs coming?

Comment

Hi,

I'm from Ottawa and I'm just starting up my CarPC project. Just been searching and reading the awesome FAQs at this site for the past couple days.

I'd like to start my install in the next couple weeks, but this cold weather thing concerns me. I've read about a few LCD issues in cold weather, but how about the GPS? I was thinking of buying a Holux 210, but it says that the operating temperature is above 0 Celcius....and we all know that's never the case in an Ottawa winter!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! Would love to meet up with you guys and see how your installs are going!

Comment

I used a Rikaline all through last winter without any problems. I suggest that one.
                            What car are you installing your system in? Any specs?

Comment

Hi Knubile,

Thanks for the suggestion...I put a bid in on eBay for one of those as well as one of the Holux 210 units. If I can get either for $30 US, I'd be happy with that.

The car is a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. No real specs for the PC yet....still gathering parts. Starting with the GPS, since I can test that out with my laptop. I have a bunch of old parts laying around, including an Athlon TBird 1 GHz processor, 512 MB SD-RAM, 40 GB hard drive, etc....so I was hoping I can use some of that stuff. Will probably need a new case though.

The big debate I'm having is the monitor. I'd like to do an in-dash job, but i'm not so handy with that kind of stuff. So I'm thinking about an easy install using a single DIN motorized unit. Still debating though. The Vibe has a good size double DIN sized area that would fit a touch screen pretty sweet. I saw a Matrix install on this site and it looked awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X