Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwesterners? Des Moines/Ames IA/Twin Cities MN?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwesterners? Des Moines/Ames IA/Twin Cities MN?

Just curious about the possibility of a carputer meet in the midwest.

Currently I'm a student at Iowa State in Ames (ISU) which is about 30 minutes north of Des Moines IA. I'm originally from Delano, MN about a 40 minute drive west of minneapolis, and currently on my spring break (until the 20th of the month anyway) and back in minnesota for the time being.

I'm curious as to whether or not there are any other minnesotans or iowans with carputers on the board, would you be interested in a small meet and if so, where might you be interested in having it?

Current ideas I've come up with:
    Iowa - Various restaurants/coffee shops in ames
    MN - Mall of America, Khans Mongolian BBQ
    Webmaster, Speedyoldtruck.com

kahns .. mmmmmm...

I'm down with most any weekend.. the problem is normally finding a date that works for everyone.. but I'm flexible .. just not thsi weekend .. I'm putting in new shocks/struts and lower ball joints.. ugh! ...

I live in coon rapids, MN .. and I'm not afraid to drive a bit..
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

I work right next to Kahns! But I haven't been there yet. It's funny how many people don't know where Roseville is, but everyone seems to know Kahns...

Big snowstorm on the way, so this weekend might be a bit messy. But I'm game for a quick show and tell if a few others are.
      http://www.jeepmp3.com/
      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
      Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

when it snows.. I love it.. 4x4 all the way ..

it's the sense of adventure in me I guess..

word is 8-12" .. I was thinking about getting all my shocks done here and ball joints.. but that may have to wait.. I'm gonna try and make a barter deal with the auto place..

there is also a kahns in coon rapids off of Hanson and HWY 10 .. the took over the steak buffet ..

na but I'm all up for a meet and greet .. I used to goto the 2600 (hacker club thing) meetings and those where monthly.. I'd be all up on us twin cities folk getting together to shoot the breeze and whatnot once a month or so..
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

*cough* bump *cough*
          Shawn

Comment

Hack... Wheeze... Sniffle...

Comment

boy, the weather sure is nice..

yeah, .. nice weather .. just an observation, would be great for a few folks to get together..

nice weather ..
              Shawn

Comment

Checkin in here, I'm in Minneapolis. I'd be down for a get-together, but you have to be willing to listen to me ***** about how none of the frontends are as good as they should be.

Comment

I'd be interested in a meet too. im in eau claire, wi.
                  System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

I'm in - not this weekend, though.
                    >Parts Needed: USB GPS
                    Dang! All I want to see is a gps running an app integrated into Frodo... I don't want to drop that much moola without seeing it in action. Where's Freestyler!?!?!

Comment

well.. since I'm an old married guy I have little to no life (i'm only 22 an been married for almsot 2 years.. but I feel old.. er sometimes) so most of my weekends are free.. except for holidays..

can people swing this next weekend?..(9th) ..

I have 2 guys that can come but not from this forum..

and yes I'll listen to DDN whine and complain.. at least he'll think I am.. like I said. I'm married..
                      Shawn

Comment

Its pretty hard for me to get off work unless I know about it 2 weeks in advance. I'm a full time student and work most weekends. So the sooner we can determine a date the better. Any ideas on location? Mall of america would work well for me. - I'm married too, could make a 'family day' of it.
                        System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Comment

MoA is fine for me.. gets kinda crazy on the weekends.. or at least that's what I tell myself..

meyer64: how about 23 or 30th of April .. should be ncie and warm by then.. .. .. let us know..

if anyone has a cheap dvd drive let me know..
                          Shawn

Comment

I think the 30th would probably work better for me. but i can swing the 23rd if i need to.

Comment

ok .. well I'm good with the 30th ..

so .. lets plan for that.. and hope the other fellas (or she-fellas) can make it also ..
                              Shawn

Comment

Working...
                              X