This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Mp3Car.com Festival - November 5, 2005

I would like to have an Mp3Car.com Sponsored Festival in California.

Date: Saturday, November 5, 2005

I need help from all CA peeps for picking a place.

1. Parking for 200+ cars
    2. Can we organize a band?
    3. Ziplock will probably come and maybe some other celebrities from the Mp3Car staff.
    4. Must be able to have alcohol
    5. Must have BBQ Grills (or volunteers to bring some portable ones)
    6. How about someplace between LA and the Bay area?
    7. Hotel nearby or camping onsite?
    9. Beach or Forest type setting?
    10. I am going to call some of my press contacts so plan on being in the news.
    11. We have a small budget for this event. Donít hesitate to tell us where to spend some money.
    12. Anyone that plans to drink should plan to camp. I am definitely camping.
    13. If we had a lawyer they would probably tell us not to provide any booze so it is BYOB.
    14. Video/audio webcast of the event on Mp3Car.com?

sweet. Norcal or socal?

I may be able to help
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

MidCal?

I'd be able to go if it was on a weekend, and not far away from LA. School starts on the 6th of September for me
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

November 5th is a Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic
          November 5th is a Saturday
          I guess I should've read closer
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

There really isn't anywhere to go between nor cal and so cal that isn't boring as ****.. maybe SLO? However, that is probably too far north for most so cal residents... California being such a large state really has no place that isnt 3+ hours to get to for someone from LA or the Bay Area.

I vote somewhere close to So Cal as that is where I will be Nov 5th while at school, even though 'home' is in Nor Cal.

You should see where the majority of the members who wish to attend are located, and make it slightly closer to that location... If one even exists.

Comment

Santa Barbara has some really nice places, just gotta find one that allows booze, hopefully on the beach. There's a really nice beach right next to UCSB campus, near the pier in Goleta, has BBQ pits but no camping or hotels right there. Dunno about 200+ cars tho. Hmm, i'll be going back down in a week or so so i'll look around when i do. No matter what, i'm definately down to be there.
              -Ross
              02 Camaro SS
              Opus 150W($150 used) Morex Venus 668 Case($109) Epia M10k($166) 128 Megs ($0), Maxtor 200Gig($76) CD-R/DVD($29) Lilliput 7"($285) Buffalo Airstation($42) Holux GPS($53) GM10-AUX(audio input, $72)
              Tot: $983
              Buying stereo!

Comment

Originally posted by sivart321
                There really isn't anywhere to go between nor cal and so cal that isn't boring as ****
                I agree, lets go with So Cal that's where the action is. I'm probably going to drive out and sublet an apartment off craigslist list on LA for week or two. From there I'll head up to the Bay Area and Seattle. I have a bunch of dealers to meet with along the way but I hope to make it back east before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Don't know of any places in SoCal cause im from the bay, but just putting it in writing that I am down for the meet.
                  2004 Mazda3s

Comment

how about VEGAS .... no wait, we will all loose our $$ that could go to buying stuff from MP3car.com

I think SoCal (specificlly LA) is the best choice cuz there is San Diego and LA peeps it's close to, and it's not that bad a drive from NoCal.

I can't think of anywhere that could accomodate every need. There is a huge area at the rosebowl in Pasadena, but I once had a company party there and there was no booze ( except in the area rented ). I believe that the "renter" of the party area assumed all liabilities for booze etc ... so thats not a god option.

I have 5 Acres in San Diego ( north East county ) with a huge pond, but the 200 cars could not all be together. Largest area would hold 40-50 then the road would hold about 75.

anyway, just thinking aloud..

I hope this comes together

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
                      I think SoCal (specificlly LA) is the best choice cuz there is San Diego and LA peeps it's close to, and it's not that bad a drive from NoCal.

I can't think of anywhere that could accomodate every need.
                      Of course you think socal is better, you live there. 1.5 hours versus 7+ hours (hauling ars) is a bit favored towards you.

Anyways there is probably just as many people coming from norcal as socal.

We should pic a place inbetween
                      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I think a nice in between place would be either Santa Cruz, Monterey, or SLO. And don't whine about SLO being too far north for you SoCal folks, its farther from the bay area then it is from you guys.
                        I think this idea is great and will do everything I can to arrange to be there!!

Maybe look into a hotel sponsering it and giving discount rates to us to stay there and getting use of thier parking lot.

Would be nice to have some sort of schedule of events, maybe a tech session or two, and a judged contest with prizes in different categories. I think some of the budget should definately be for prizes and raffles.

EDIT: I just checked Mapquest and San Louis Obispo is 3.5 hours from LA and 3.7 hours from San Francisco. I think that would be the perfect mid point as its a great town (my sister went to college there) and you would get a huge college crowd showing up to see whats going on if there was some advertising for it. Think of how many people would want to do these systems if they could see them working in person!!

Plus, SLO is 10 minutes from a beach, plenty of camping, and if you hooked up with a local brewery to serve the beer alchohol would not be a problem!!
                        Spent so far: $1,755
                        Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                        Don't mess with Texas.
                        It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

I don't think I can go any where (even couple blocks away.)....
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Just thought of something crucial: We'll need a way to power the cars other then the car batteries. We can't leave the cars running all day, and you can't show what the pc's can do without power to them. We will need either generators that can be hooked up to the car's batteries to keep them charged, or plug into on-site power.
                            Spent so far: $1,755
                            Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                            CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                            Don't mess with Texas.
                            It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Norcal all the way. How about Santa Cruz?? I am sure their is plently of camp sites around and its mid cali.

Comment

Working...
                              X