Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIRST International Meet NYC for rustyboxx :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRST International Meet NYC for rustyboxx :)

so peeps. we had rustyboxx tell us he's gonna come to the states, and let's see where, how we can get a meet together.

rustyboxx speak up, with details on when you'll arrive, and where, so we can do the planning.

UPDATE:

Date: 9/18/05 Sunday

Time: 1PM-whenever

Cheers

Jesus, how did I miss this thread. (Thanks for the prompt BND )

Ok, guys, me and female friend (not GF or FB) get into NY next Monday evening. I'll be staying at a mates place in New Rochelle. Now, I know he's got some things lined up to do but he's also a carpc nut and is up for a meet too. I've got no idea of what the hell I'll be doing but I'll contact him and get some idea so that we can all sort out some possible dates that suit everyone. What would be better, weekday, evening or weekend?

Anyway, thanks for the interest, I'm pretty stoked about going to NY and it would be great to meet you guys. I'll post up some more details when I get them.
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

i'd recommend a sunday afternoon, but i can make a weeknight as well, b/c i work till 5 and in Mt Vernon... that is pretty much the city next to new rochelle (as a metter of fact, i'll be probably moving somewhere in new rochelle) so i'm up for anything.

cheers

Comment

Yeah, Sunday sounds good. I think I fly back on the following Monday (I didn't book the flights, so I'm not sure of the departure times). I guess I will have done all the sightseeing stuff by then so the weekend would be perfect. I'll find out all the details and keep you posted.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

hey I would really like to make it to this meet, since I missed the last NY meet. Get the time and place confirmed so I have a better idea, but I think I should be free on a sunday, not too sure about the weekdays.
          Installed
          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

This coming sunday? or next?
            My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

subscribed.
              My Install

Software:
              CFiG v1
              iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
              Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
              StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by DK888
                This coming sunday? or next?
                That would be Sunday 18th. Well, it looks like there will be enough people for a moderate **** up. Woot!

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Let us know about the details than... Where exactly would you be? We can look for a Park in New Rochelle...

cheers

Comment

Ok, I'll be staying in Pelham Road if thats any help. I don't really mind where we go as long as there is beer, eye candy and somewhere to sit if I get too ****ed

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

subscribed
                      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I obviously didn't come to the last meet, but had planned on it. My install got delayed as my installer who was going to help me out went on vacation. I'll be working with him over the next few days at his shop and it should be done by Thursday/Friday. The screen is not getting permanently mounted as I'm borrowing his 7" Xenarc temporarily until I figure out what I want to do with the dash. So long as it's done by then I'd definately come up. Just let me know the time/place.

I can't remember the name offhand, but there is a big park by the water which is pretty easy to get to off of 95. You get off exit 15 and head towards New Rochelle. You make a right at the Home Depot (can't miss it, so easy for people to find) and follow that street down about a mile or two and the road kinda ends. You can either go into the park or turn left/right. I haven't been to the park to be honest, but I've turned there lots of time and can find out the details of it. I know it's on the water. The other option is the parking lot for that Home Depot is huge. Worst case scenerio we could stay there.

My brother in law runs a company up there with a lot of accounts in New Rochelle so I'll find out the details about the park. He may have some other suggestions too. We could also go to City Island which is also right off of 95 and is very close to New Rochelle. Let me know if want me to find out more.

Hope to see you guys there, and become more of a poster on here rather than just a reader.

Edit: I just realized that I had my dates confused. I will definately be able to come since it's next Sunday not the upcoming one. I'll see if I can bring my g/f so that I can show her I'm not the only nut to do stuff like this

Comment

Originally posted by StrataG
                          I obviously didn't come to the last meet, but had planned on it. My install got delayed as my installer who was going to help me out went on vacation. I'll be working with him over the next few days at his shop and it should be done by Thursday/Friday. The screen is not getting permanently mounted as I'm borrowing his 7" Xenarc temporarily until I figure out what I want to do with the dash. So long as it's done by then I'd definately come up. Just let me know the time/place.

I can't remember the name offhand, but there is a big park by the water which is pretty easy to get to off of 95. You get off exit 15 and head towards New Rochelle. You make a right at the Home Depot (can't miss it, so easy for people to find) and follow that street down about a mile or two and the road kinda ends. You can either go into the park or turn left/right. I haven't been to the park to be honest, but I've turned there lots of time and can find out the details of it. I know it's on the water. The other option is the parking lot for that Home Depot is huge. Worst case scenerio we could stay there.

My brother in law runs a company up there with a lot of accounts in New Rochelle so I'll find out the details about the park. He may have some other suggestions too. We could also go to City Island which is also right off of 95 and is very close to New Rochelle. Let me know if want me to find out more.

Hope to see you guys there, and become more of a poster on here rather than just a reader.

Edit: I just realized that I had my dates confused. I will definately be able to come since it's next Sunday not the upcoming one. I'll see if I can bring my g/f so that I can show her I'm not the only nut to do stuff like this
                          orchard beach/city island is a nice spot
                          MY CAR PROFILE (@HONDA SHOWOFF)

Comment

Originally posted by dexy
                            orchard beach/city island is a nice spot
                            Yeah, I think that would be best. From what I understand, the park I thought of has a charge for entrance. The Home Depot idea could work for a while but we may get hassled by the management.

As far as the day/time, I would be really greatful if BoyNextDoor (who seems to be the orgaznier) and rustyboxx figure out at least the day soon. I need to let my g/f know pretty soon when she needs to take off. Her schedule is spread across 7 days and she usually works Sundays, but could get off if she gave a heads up to the management. I really would like to get her to come so once she sees the system (hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow or Friday), I can show her I'm far from the only one She already thinks I'm crazy and she hasn't even seen it. It's not a huge deal if she comes, so you guys don't have to rush just for me. If you've settled on Sunday though, if you could just confirm that so I can let her know I'd be very appreciative.

Anyway, can't wait to see all systems and get/give ideas for this hobby which seemingly has no final result

Comment

Originally posted by StrataG
                              Yeah, I think that would be best. From what I understand, the park I thought of has a charge for entrance. The Home Depot idea could work for a while but we may get hassled by the management.

As far as the day/time, I would be really greatful if BoyNextDoor (who seems to be the orgaznier) and rustyboxx figure out at least the day soon. I need to let my g/f know pretty soon when she needs to take off. Her schedule is spread across 7 days and she usually works Sundays, but could get off if she gave a heads up to the management. I really would like to get her to come so once she sees the system (hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow or Friday), I can show her I'm far from the only one She already thinks I'm crazy and she hasn't even seen it. It's not a huge deal if she comes, so you guys don't have to rush just for me. If you've settled on Sunday though, if you could just confirm that so I can let her know I'd be very appreciative.

Anyway, can't wait to see all systems and get/give ideas for this hobby which seemingly has no final result
                              I think we pretty much settleded on the 18th (sunday), so i'll update the first post. Also, i'm probably moving this weekend to New Rochelle myself so i'll be volunteering to scout a location next week. I'm gonna be 5 miles from work incstead of the 95 miles i live from right now. And i'm really happpy about it. Now. Let's get the ppl together for this....

Comment

Working...
                              X