MD/DC/N.VA ???Anyone up for it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD/DC/N.VA ???Anyone up for it?

Hey guys is anyone up for a meet in the next few months? I have no idea how to plan this type of thing but I would love to come out and see what some of the other guys in the area have done...

I hope to be posting my finished car soon....

EDIT:
    April 22 (yes thats a Saturday) from 12 to 4. Location to be confirmed but right now leaning towards Dave and Busters down towards DC.

Confirmed attendees:
    Bad-at-This (Paul)
    binary.h4x
    Mobtown

-Bad

I'm up for it.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

well thats 2 now all we need is a time/date/location....

I am in Bel Air, but I travel to Baltimore almost every day and Rockville on the days I am not in b-more. So I am up for just about anywhere...

Any ideas? (I would prefer a weekend since I work all week)

-Bad

Comment

down.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
          I'm up for it.
          Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
          down.
          Great now we got one up and one down...
          Come on guys we arn't getting very far this way...

Anyway, new request for anyone saying they are interested, please answer the questions below:

1. March or April?
          2. Sat or Sun?
          3. Noonish (not a chance I am awake before that) or Early Evening (like 4 or so, I still want to be able to see cars)?
          4. Baltimore, Columbia, Silverspring, Rockville? (Those are the major names I know if something else works post it and we will see what kinda response we get)

Thanks,
          Bad-at-This

Comment

Im up for it, im in northern virginia near dc
            1997 30th Anniversary Z28 Camaro M6 w/ T-Tops
            www.cardomain.com/id/squigley - i should prob update this...
            "Gettin Sideways"
            ~Ryan Quigley

Comment

If I can make it, I'd love to come. I don't have my install in yet, still buying parts, but I wanna see a carPC in action.

I would think the weekend would be the easiest when it gets warm. Rockville sounds like a good place too. Or somewhere around the 270 split.

Comment

Originally posted by matt11601
                If I can make it, I'd love to come. I don't have my install in yet, still buying parts, but I wanna see a carPC in action.

I would think the weekend would be the easiest when it gets warm. Rockville sounds like a good place too. Or somewhere around the 270 split.
                What your not finished and you think you can just show up???

HEHE, of course it would be cool for you to be there, maybe you can get some ideas for your project from some of the other cars.

Also I may need some help with getting a location if we do do it down that way. I dont really know the area that well. Maybe if someone knows of a picnic area that has a parking lot and allows beer we could try for that.

-Bad

Comment

MMMmmmmm Beeeeeerrrrr
                  1997 30th Anniversary Z28 Camaro M6 w/ T-Tops
                  www.cardomain.com/id/squigley - i should prob update this...
                  "Gettin Sideways"
                  ~Ryan Quigley

Comment

hey guys. i would be interested as well. i'm around a lil north of baltimore. i dont mind when it is as long as it isn't snowing like crazy. i'm free pretty much most of the time on weekend except for sundays in the afternoons, but whatever everyone plans is cool.

Comment

It's warmer in April. We've done them at parks before, did one at Dave and Busters in the parking garage one time when it was raining. A park seems to work out pretty well.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

sounds good. weekend in april around noonish or a little bit later

Comment

April is cool with me. I vote for something closer to DC than baltimore
                          Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

i'm in depending on the date!
                            2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                            7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                            NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                            512 DDRsodimm
                            60g SATA Laptop HD
                            4x Apple DVDslot
                            digimoto OBDii
                            mS GPS
                            mini BT keyboard
                            relocated HU faceplate

Comment

I would bet you might be able to get people to come down from the Baltimore MP3car office. Ziplock, Do you have some goodies to give away?

Comment

Working...
                              X