Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal Summer Meet Discussion

Discussion for next SoCal Meet.
    Voting has ended. Huntington Beach wins!

Date is set for June 24th, if anyone has any serious issues about this, let me know. Otherwise this is it!

Discuss possible prizes and give aways!

Locations are as follows:
    UCI parking structure (where we were last time) - parking is free but we are looking for a new place.
    Ontario Mills - free parking, may be crowded on weekends, trouble with security, far from everyone but me.
    Peterson Car Museum - $6 for parking, may have trouble with security, far from SD.
    Huntington Beach - $10 parking, midway between LA, SD. we can BBQ, and its on the beach.
    Temecula Main drag - WiFi, closer to SD. unknown details, but im posting it anyway.

Cast your vote here. Date is not set in stone but will likely be one of the last 3 weekends in June.

Please vote, if you dont and somewhere you dont like gets picked, then too bad. Voting will end on Wendsday the 10th of May.

//I'd like to start planning for the next meet.

heres what i think:
    • Somewhere other than UCI parking structure
    • Do we want to have one huge meet? somewhere between greater LA and SD?(nice to see everyone)
    • or should we do two or three smaller meets in each local?(gas prices)

so this is really a feeler for what you guys think. any pertinant info will be posted in this post for ease of informing.

what do you think? what date works for everyone else? best date for me is 17th of June.

If you wish to suggest a location, suggest a specific local. IE "Parking lot behind Wendy's in Redlands." not just a town name. we need to find specific locations and take a vote on that. Thanks.
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
    Pictures
    Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

17th of June works for me as of now. Sounds great. I think we should have just 1 huge meet. How about Ontario Mills? When I used to own my acura tl-s, we had a pretty large meet at ontario mills. If not there, we could always find some unused parking lot in a business park to meet up.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

ontario is great for me, but i know the sd'ers will complain.

so as of now, its in ontario, anyone else have ideas?
      1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
      Pictures
      Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

IRVINE! I want everyone together cause I just bought this

and I need to get some ideas cause only one other guy on the board has done a chevy interior. (that i can find)

Comment

I'm in the Hollywood area, So Ontario and Irvine are good for me.
          I think it should be one big meeting.

Hey btown - I have a Tacoma truck, it should have some good idea's for you
          http://www.refugeeguidancecenter.org

Comment

I'm down... As always.
            Just someone come up with a time and a place.
            For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
            Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
            Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

ok, so we all want it in our home town.

if anyone can suggest a specific location. such as webdog was talking about (in an IM) the parking lot in HB. $10 a day to park, lots of space, bbq, etc. near the beach.

we want somewhere different than the parking structure at UCI.

Ontario Mills: at the 10 and 15 freeways, parking is FREE, BBQ is likely not appreciated. lots of space, lots of places to eat, computer stores nearby.
              Pictures

Comment

It has to be after June for me...

I have to go to TX to help my sis move druing mid to late June....

Other than that, I'm down for a summer meet...

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

The only problem with Ontario Mills is that the parking lots are packed on the weekends. And I mean jam packed. So, even though that place has plenty parking, we may have trouble finding parking depending on the size of the crowd. Ofcourse, if its not too many people, we should be able to find a corner we can meet at.

Ill have my transreflective upgrade done by then too
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

a couple years ago we met at the red robin parking lot in south coast plaza. That was chill.

Comment

I'm in San Diego, but I'll drive wherever to meet up. I missed the Irvine 4/8/06 meet, but really want to make the next SoCal meet...
                      ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Puffanug
                        I'm in San Diego, but I'll drive wherever to meet up. I missed the Irvine 4/8/06 meet, but really want to make the next SoCal meet...
                        What part of Deigo are you in?

Peace,

Rafster
                        Post # 3000

Comment

I'm in Cardiff (North County Coastal, San Diego). I work in Rancho Bernardo though, fun commute... LOL. I just got the PC and car power supply this weekend. I plan on getting all my bench testing/configurating done in the next few weeks, then I will go LCD shopping. Hardest part of my install will be the actual install, since i have no fabrication or car electronic skills. Hoping to meet some helpful people at these meets, not to mention see some other carPCs up close...
                          ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Comment

well if you are lost on part of the install, we can help you at the meet.

its not JUST stand around and talk shop and look at cars, if help is needed, we would all be glad to help you.
                            Pictures

Comment

Any idea how many people might be at the next meet? I have most weekends off, unless I am trying to rack up overtime. Can't wait to meet everyone...
                              ~Puff

Comment

Working...
                              X