Date: Saturday June 3
    Time: 5:30 to 7pm
    Where: Dave and Buster's parking lot
    9333 Research Blvd
    Austin, TX 78759
    Lat: 30.382425N, Lon: 97.738152W
    Google map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.606995&om=1

D & B web site: http://www.daveandbusters.com/?f=1

Let's meet way out front away from the building so that we won't interfere with the businesses. The official time should allow us to meet for show and tell on our rides. Sometime after 7, those interested can go in D & B's for food, drinks, arcades and more socializing.

This is the official thread for this gathering and for photos and stories after. The old thread here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75602 is full of indicisive banter.

The more the merrier! Welcome all Texans. Hope to see you there.
    Jimmy
    Attached Files
    ~Jimmy

w00t

Comment

i will be down in austin for texas heat wave if anyone wants to meet up then too...
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'll be there.
        Got a motel room booked for the night.

Who's going to be driving back to Dallas with us the next morning?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Its soo expensive to get into heat-wave though there really are benefits to going. Are either of you going to enter your cars in the show?

Comment

as usual, I will be

...in the SQ portion at least.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I might be able to drop by. Would like to see what everyone else has done before I start my new project. Cool stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                i will be down in austin for texas heat wave if anyone wants to meet up then too...
                When is this?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyFitz
                  Here is the official announcement: Austin Texas meet

Date: Saturday June 3
                  Time: 5:30 to 7pm
                  Where: Dave and Buster's parking lot
                  9333 Research Blvd
                  Austin, TX 78759
                  Lat: 30.382425N, Lon: 97.738152W
                  Google map link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.606995&om=1

D & B web site: http://www.daveandbusters.com/?f=1

Let's meet way out front away from the building so that we won't interfere with the businesses. The official time should allow us to meet for show and tell on our rides. Sometime after 7, those interested can go in D & B's for food, drinks, arcades and more socializing.

This is the official thread for this gathering and for photos and stories after. The old thread here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75602 is full of indicisive banter.

The more the merrier! Welcome all Texans. Hope to see you there.
                  Jimmy

Just FYI: that map is great. One thing to keep in mind tho. If you're heading any direction but south on MoPac (that's Loop1 in the map I think), getting to that parking lot takes about a dozen extra turns cuz it's only accessible from 2 sides. So...

If you're headed North on 183, take Highway 360 exit, right on 360, right on Loop1 (mopac). Right at Dave & Buster's.
                  If you're headed South on 183, take Highway 360 exit, left on 360, right on Loop1 (mopac). Right at Dave & Buster's.
                  If you're headed North on Loop1 (mopac), take "Braker Ln" exit, take the "loop around" at the first intersection, and right at Dave & Buster's.
                  And of course, if you're headed South on Loop1, take the Highway 360 exit, stay on the access road, and right into the Dave & Buster's parking lot.

All information provided free of charge by your friendly neighborhood cab driver.

Comment

hehe - haven't been in austin long I take it...

Link to thread on CarPCTexas.org

BTW - the only reason I say that is because it's a HUGE show, just about the same weekend every year...kinda like ROT...*ick!*
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

hehe - haven't been in austin long I take it...

Link to thread on CarPCTexas.org

BTW - the only reason I say that is because it's a HUGE show, just about the same weekend every year...kinda like ROT...*ick!*
                      I don't know how long he's been in Austin, but he probably knows this town better than most lifetime residents. You see, the Land Yatch is a licensed taxicab. Quite an impressive CarPC install too. "Austin's only Rock & Roll Party Cab"
                      ~Jimmy

Comment

I know this, but to not know anything about heat wave would be odd, especially for a party cab...lol
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

I know this, but to not know anything about heat wave would be odd, especially for a party cab...lol
                          Not really...it's always on a Saturday right? Saturdays I sleep all day & work all night...my customers are more into goin out and gettin ****face drunk than goin to car shows.

I'd heard it mentioned but had no idea it was here or what all went on there.

Comment

funny you should mention that because all of the people who go to the show go out all night and get **** faced..

it kinda comes with the terretory of car shows...

something like 250,000 there last year IIRC.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Weather should be nice Saturday

Here is the Austin local forecast for Saturday's meet (courtesy keyetv.com):

Forecast Details from the Weather Team
                              Saturday - Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night - Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. East winds 5 mph before midnight becoming light and variable.
                              Attached Files
                              ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X