Austin, TX - Texas Heat Wave - July 21 - 23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin, TX - Texas Heat Wave - July 21 - 23

This was mentioned before, but was pushed to the side until the Austin meet at the time was over.

Anyone in the Texas area interested in meeting up the weekend of this show in Austin?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Great idea Red. Since you have a schedule to work around for heat wave events, suggest a day and time period that works for you. Our last meet here brought out 5 people and it was only planned one week ahead. I'll bet we can get more people by planing further ahead. I look forward to meeting you.
    ~Jimmy

Comment

I won't be there, sadly.
      My daughter is going to be in town at that time, her grandmother is coming into town for the week after Heat Wave, and the weekend of the 29th we're going to Birmingham for the GrandAm races.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

since i have no idea what my schedule will be like I'd suggest someone else planning the actual meet.

I will tell you that I will be pretty much occupied all day durring the days and I won't be able to leave with my car durring those days.

Something friday night would probably be the best....IF we can get off of work in time.

I was more or less thinking if people wanted to meet up at the show, but I also understand that

A) some people have no interest in that kind of show
        B) some people don't have the cash to spend to get into that kind of show
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
          since i have no idea what my schedule will be like I'd suggest someone else planning the actual meet.

I will tell you that I will be pretty much occupied all day durring the days and I won't be able to leave with my car durring those days.

Something friday night would probably be the best....IF we can get off of work in time.

I was more or less thinking if people wanted to meet up at the show, but I also understand that

A) some people have no interest in that kind of show
          B) some people don't have the cash to spend to get into that kind of show
          Where will it be, how much does it cost, what is your "booth" number if you have one, etc? What times are you available (not actually competing) so you can schmooze with us mortals? When you say "all day", define that? Could it be done before or after the event on Saturday or Sunday? Make it a cookout type event on Sunday afternoon/evening and I might even chip in some chow.

So, basically...I'll see your bid of Friday night and raise you a Sunday afternoon.

And who knows, if we get the above information I might just see you at the show too.

Comment

last year it was at the Travis county convention center...I think that's the name of it...same place where they leave out of to do the parade to downtown for ROT.

I don't know cost to get in the gate, but it's not exactly cheap...$20 for the weekend maybe?

Dono if I will be in a booth, if Focal comes down for this show, then I would imagine I'll be in it with the rest of my team.

The actual competition is all day. We don't have 'set' times for judging. We do get judged poorly if we are NEVER around our car to have it open and answer questions/show it off/generate interest, etc.

All day meaning bright and early till 5-6ish

I'd imagine that Saturday night, we will all be going to eat as a team.

That's kinda why I was saying if someone wanted to plan something, I'd be able to make it fit, but for me to plan it...well...that's kinda difficult.

But don't plan a meet around my avaliablility...if we're not there, so what...lol

hell, you could proably enter the Land Yacht in the car show, from what i hear, it would probably win it's class...
            Jan Bennett

Comment

I will be definetly be there. I have been a long time Heat Wave goer. I seriously doubt that I will be entering the Expedition, but we will see. I don't have much to show off other than the carputer. I would love to get together with some of you guys.

So long story short I will be there until sunday afternoon, so anytime before then is cool with me.

Todd
              EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

I might be in Austin that weekend actually doing some stuff with some fellow Aggies. I might be able to swing by on Sunday to meet up.

Comment

aighty!

Well, the schedule has been set for us as far as when we're getting there.

We should be getting to our hotel Friday around noon. We will be spending the afternoon tuning the car with the help of Nick Wingate.

I'm not real sure what our dinner plans are for that evening but I think we're open.

So, anyone wanna have a meet that night?
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

bump!?
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                      aighty!

Well, the schedule has been set for us as far as when we're getting there.

We should be getting to our hotel Friday around noon. We will be spending the afternoon tuning the car with the help of Nick Wingate.

I'm not real sure what our dinner plans are for that evening but I think we're open.

So, anyone wanna have a meet that night?
                      Hi Jan,
                      I was hoping you would get some other responses. I have a commitment that night but I might be able to drop by to meet you and chat after work. Plan for a hot one, 101 yesterday, no rain forecasted for this week.
                      Jimmy
                      ~Jimmy

Comment

yeah - 104 up here today...on the way home, my car read 113...

luckally there's supposed to be a break in the heat though for next weekend....HA!

they don't call it heat wave for nothing....this will be my 6th year I believe, so far, I don't think it's been less than 98 any day any year....

but we do have a tent and fans and a grill and all kinds of goodies!
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

leaving outta here in a few hours! I'll have my laptop with my wireless card so I'll check back.

Think JimmyFitz and I are going to meet up some time this afternoon.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

welp, Das made it into the show. Was nice to finally meet up. Wanted to when we were living in College Station, but weren't able to.

Overall, it was a good weekend. Took a first in Intermediate Consumer SQ and a second in Consumer Q class.

Got a few ideas on things we're going to do to try and build actual enclosures for the kicks. Will be sure to update the kicks thread in the worklogs section.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

http://www.mj-garage.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=58

SOME pics for those that are interested. didn't even get to the tip of the ice berg.
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X