Melbourne CarPC Meet Mid-November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne CarPC Meet Mid-November

Ok People. I thought I would start a new thread dedicated to the next Melbourne meet. May as well start it early.

Nothing is set yet. The time for the meet will be mid-November. We were planning on keeping it more in the Eastern suburbs somewhere due to the sporting events being held at the previous meet point.

So any ideas of locations. It has to be accessable on Saturdays with no other sporting events going on on the day.

I hope this turnout to be even bigger than the last one. The more we can hype it up, the more cars will come along for us to check out. There were some nice setups at the last meet so If you haven't come before, come this time.
    CAR INFO HERE
    "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Actually, accross the road from the last meet, there is a fairly large carpark area, literally out the exit of the sports carpark and straight over Elgar road, then left down the dead end, Space for about 30 cars. It was empty on Saturday..
    Originally Posted by feral
    And for some other name's, how about
    'Free-way'

Comment

The sporting events only run on saturday if its done on a sunday like all the other meets have been on you will be fine
      CarPC Status:
      GPS: 99%
      Hardware: 99%
      Software: 92%
      Case Install: 99.9%
      Dash Install: 100%
      Car Install: 72%

Comment

Had to register for this.

Came with a mate last time, but this time I get to show off my system!

Comment

ill be there again.. .. anywhere is fine.
          Current Setup - (as per PC specs on the left)
          Future Setup - Commell LV-677, Dual Core2Duo 1.86ghz, 1gb ram, M2-ATX, Morex Mini-ITX case, Transflective screen

Comment

Yes, Ill be there this time. And NIN.. I agree sundays are better!
            'Free-way'

Comment

Yeah Ok. I'll be there on a sunday. That's if i'm not working sundays by then.

I'm still in the process of putting together my touch screen pc. I've been working on my arcade machine and stole some parts from the car pc. PC133 RAM is expensive these days!

If your interested in seeing my arcade machine you can see it HERE.
              CAR INFO HERE

Comment

I like the first arcade machine, lol!

Glad to see you went with maximus arcade, it rocks.

Btw, Where did you get the original joysticks from?
                'Free-way'

Comment

I bought the PSX joysticks from Videogames Heaven. $50 a piece. They are meant for PS2.

Then I bought the arcade bits from the arcade supplier and the did some solier work.

I'm styill planning on rocking up to the next meet but haven't been abvle to get myself a touch screen overlay panel so I guess that's gonna be on hold for now.
                  CAR INFO HERE

Comment

I'm up for having it a bit further south, perhaps near to Chadstone/Ashwood.

I'm keen to be ready by that date - fingers crossed - got a new PSU in the mail.

Comment

Still trying to track down a Lilliput 7" touchscreen panel.. Grr... It's not easy.
                      CAR INFO HERE

Comment

Have you tried to get one through Armen? I think I remember saying you did already, but here's a link just in case: http://www.digitalww.com/7TSLilli.htm
                        Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Yeah Digital WW is realy the only place that i've seen who has them. %0 for the panel and about $45 to ship it here.. Almost as much as the item itself.. I might have to put the car pc on hold for now. I've had to steal the memory from that pc for my arcade box anyhow..

I had a guy off the forum send me a screen but it came in pieces so I got my money back and thought I'd try elsewhere.
                          CAR INFO HERE

Comment

I'm getting a little less enthusiastic about this next meet that were supposedly having. I'm still without a touch panel and I gotta find some more RAM cheap for my pc box. On top of that I still havee to setup the frontend while looking after a baby and working.. Hopefully Something will go good before then.
                            CAR INFO HERE

Comment

I'm not ready either.
                              Car's going to the shop in 2 weeks to get built.
                              Hope to have it ready then, but you know how these things go.
                              Perhaps end november or early dec?

Comment

Working...
                              X