Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention St Louis and immediate area!!! (Meet/Roadtrip)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention St Louis and immediate area!!! (Meet/Roadtrip)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phreaknic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	2299506

20 Oct-22 Oct

I would like to organize a group (or even just 2 or 3 people) to meet up (even others located on the way) and make our way down to Phreaknic in Nashville, TN to invade the South and show some STL & MP3Car pride! This is also a good opportunity to show off our projects. Phreaknic is basically a meet of computer/technology enthusiasts (Hackers) and there will be a variety of speakers and events. There is supposed to be all kinds of giveaways and some sweet festivities taking place such as:
    Room party contest, drunk Dance Dance Revolution contest, Drunk lockpicking, and a whole crapload of presentations including network security, Linux distributions, & general Tech lifestyle.

Here is a statement from the official website:

PhreakNIC is an annual convention held in Nashville, TN. Originally started as a "hacker convention," it has since grown to include all things of interest to the technology minded individual, such as sci-fi/fantasy, gaming, anime and other areas of tech culture. There are technical presentations, cultural exhibits and panels, as well as plenty of socializing (partying).

The official website can be found at: http://www.phreaknic.info/pn10/index.html

I was planning on taking off sometime on Friday (I'm open to input on what time to leave) and coming back on Sunday. Its less then 300 miles away and should take less then 4 hours to get there. The drive is beautiful and I have traveled it many times. The room rate at the convention hotel is $67 a night. So come on, quit complaining that there is never anything to do! Lets get down South and socialize. Feel free to PM me with any questions or for more information. Okay now here is a picture of Rihanna, to make you feel better about your day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rihanna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	2299507
    Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Bump!!
    Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

What's your proposed schedule?
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

I would love to go, but I'll be in Korea
        MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
        Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

Working...
        X