2010 Monthly Chicago Meets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Monthly Chicago Meets

I guess our guys Nick joined Jeff in the technology free world????

Next Meet: April 18th??

Location Details:
    Busse Woods Grove 18, off Higgins Road in Schaumburg. There's easy access from both 90 and 290. For those with GPS: 42 1'50.46"N 88 1'45.16"W. For everyone else, google maps. We drift around depending on what parking is available, so just keep an eye out for us. The regular cars to watch for are a white Pontiac Vibe or a black VW Passat with a badgeless grill (unsure if he will be there).

About the Meets:
    For those unfamiliar with the Chicago meets, everyone is welcome, regardless of whether you have a system installed or not. It's a chance to show up and shoot the **** with car PC enthusiasts. A chance to check out one anther's installs, bounce ideas off each other, you get the idea. Busse Woods is a forest preserve, so we're outside without shelter, so plan accordingly. PCFreak or MP3Dub generally graciously provides us with a grill (both are AWOL atm), and everyone generally shows up with random food related items. If you have a taste for something, grilled or otherwise, bring it along, otherwise just show up. We're generally there from noon until they kick us out at dusk, so come when you can and leave when you have to. If anyone else has a small portable grill to bring chime in.

General Meet Schedule:
    The general schedule is a meet on the last Sunday of every month (so long as it's not a holiday weekend). This is subject to change, so be sure to check in.

This post will be updated as the year progresses.

Normally we shoot for the end of the month so how does the 18th work for everyone?

Aron
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
    Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

LOL. I doubt nick went techo free like jeff. I just cant see that. I can kinda picture jeff living in the woods somewhere lol, but not nick. Last time i tried to call jeff, his phone was disconnected so we shall see if he pops up again.

I might be able to make it on the 18th. Not sure atm. That week is up in the air for me. Im not sure if i need to fly out for work or not that day. Ill know more by next week. Ill make it if i can.

If i do show, I might bring the 300. My Si is a little ****ed of at me since I havent been driving her and the battery decided to die on me. Talk about a moody bish :P
    MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
    M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
    Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
    Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Jeff's the guy who lives in a little condo and has a 2, no 4 Terabyte server there. Tech free - hell no! Don't know how many meets I'll make this year, but I'll put it on my calender.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Trash can grill? They won't complain will they?

Not sure how this year is going to turn out for me. My work threw a curveball and decided to throw a monkey wrench into my life. I would have preferred just a monkey. They can do tricks and stuff.

If it's nice out we shall see.
        System always under construction

Comment

I haven't been to one of these meets, but I look forward to trying to make it out to this one. Is there usually a large turn out?
          Looking forward to meeting some people who won't look at me weird when I explain what I am trying to do with my car. I would also like to see what other people have in there car and bounce ideas off some of you.
          See ya then.

Comment

Seems I finally found this new meet thread.
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

After I poster this thread I asked to have the 09 thread moved to the Post Meet section and this one got moved. Just goes to show our meets are so awesome they are done before they begin.

Aron
              New Ipad
              Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

I'm only slightly late to the party. Bought a townhouse two months ago and moved 3 weeks ago, so every spare moment's been tied up working on that. That said, I think I can get away from painting for a few hours. It's on the calendar.
                -Nick

Comment

Is tomorrow still a go?
                  HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                    Is tomorrow still a go?
                    And if it is, what time?

Comment

Tomorrow is still a go, I'll be there around noon.
                      New Ipad
                      Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Ill swing by for a bit after noon. Got somethings to do later.
                        System always under construction

Comment

Just rinsing out the paint brushes, heading out in a bit.
                          -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by natemart View Post
                            And if it is, what time?
                            So where are you?

Comment

i thought it would be later in the afternoon. i was going to stop by around 4, but i saw the post for 12 when i checked the forum at 2. (i know that is a confusing statement.) I wouldn't have been able to get there before 4 so i chalked it up to next time. I had no idea until the day of that it would be in the morning (afternoon for most others). Sorry i couldn't make it.
                              sad thing is that i didn't do anything sat. night cause i was putting the finishing touches on my car. i was working on it most of the night with a headlamp to finish the wiring. wrapped it up close to midnight. all that work wasted... at least it put a boot to my behind to finish it. I will enjoy it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X