Whats the difference in spark plugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference in spark plugs?

I was looking on some sites and saw they had performance spark plugs for my nissan sentra se-r specv and i was wondering if someone could tell me what they do? i mean i know what spark plugs do but what do the performance ones change?

#1 - please pay attention to the forum you are posting in. This thread does not belong in the FAQ emporium

#2 - this is a web site dedicated to putting PCs in cars. While there will be people here who will answer your question, it is in no way related to this forum

#3 - performance plugs have more spark most of the time for a more likely burn. There's also different temperature plugs which means that the spark will ve at a different temperature. Some times running a hotter or a colder plug is desired.

If you don't have any mods done to your car, stick with the stockers.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

+
      What does spark plug do? Generate spark for ignition.
      What do the performance one change? What performance? You mean "performance spark plug"? More money, more spark, burn more.

Originally posted by dtap View Post
      I was looking on some sites and saw they had performance spark plugs for my nissan sentra se-r specv and i was wondering if someone could tell me what they do? i mean i know what spark plugs do but what do the performance ones change?
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        #3 - performance plugs have more spark most of the time for a more likely burn. There's also different temperature plugs which means that the spark will ve at a different temperature. Some times running a hotter or a colder plug is desired.

If you don't have any mods done to your car, stick with the stockers.
        Actually,
        'Hotter' plugs mean that the tip of the plug itself remains hotter and colder means the tip is colder compared to the normal plug. The sparks themselves are not hotter or colder. Hotter plugs can help performance by making sure the tip is clean, but are also more likely to cause detonation and a rebuild. Colder plugs can be too cool and the carbon doesn't burn off the tip properly, causing fouled plugs.
        I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

I've heard good things about torque master spark plugs. I'm gonna have to try them soon.
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

keep the stock plug. unless you built the **** out of your rice burner.
            http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/_te...0000c.htm#heat

Comment

Being a spec-v your Nissan comes specially equipped with a 4 Stoke power source, (rather than 2 stroke normally found in Tribants and other lower life form Nissans), . The technical terms for each of the 4 strokes are;
              Suck
              Squeeze
              Bang
              Blow
              The spark plug starts the bang bit.
              The performance plugs give your more power, better fuel economy, make you appear taller and make you irresistible to the gender of your choice.
              Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
              Serious error.
              All shortcuts have disappeared.
              Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Comment

Originally posted by NiSlo View Post
                Actually,
                'Hotter' plugs mean that the tip of the plug itself remains hotter and colder means the tip is colder compared to the normal plug. The sparks themselves are not hotter or colder. Hotter plugs can help performance by making sure the tip is clean, but are also more likely to cause detonation and a rebuild. Colder plugs can be too cool and the carbon doesn't burn off the tip properly, causing fouled plugs.

They can be normally seen by the amount of ceramic covering the center electrodes. Less cermamic covering means not much heat are conducted away from the tip and therefore keeping the "plug hot". While more burried electrodes means cold plug, the heat are quickly taken away making the "plug cold", ceramic is acting like a "heatsink"

Comment

Working...
                X