X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trolled by a member...

Member: CARPUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is just amazing...
    he was very active on the classfied sections...
    there are tons of problems now...
    emailed/PMed so many times...
    it shows he was on last night
    what do i do if u get trolled in this forum?
    paypal... i opened up a dispute...
    he mightve closed the account cuz it automatically escalated dispute...
    cuz i cant FOCKING get a hold of him...

CARPUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Wikipedia
    In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.
    I'm guessing he scammed you thru paypal? If you file a dispute, he then has to prove to paypal that he sent you an item (postal reciepts, tracking id). If he can't prove it then you should get the money back.

But if he isn't a verified user then you're basically screwed.

Comment

Please read rule #8 here.

Good luck!
      For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
      Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
      Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK View Post
        Please read rule #8 here.

Good luck!

Why does the board have that rule?

If I was trolled, I'd be posting it on everything and as far as I care, I'd have the moral right on my side, both to tell someone what a scummer had done to me, and to protect others, or does not warning others count for anything, I dont get it.
        Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

The admins are the ones that can take action.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            The admins are the ones that can take action.
            so 'admins' responsible for acting for others, ok then.

And the one scammed, 'admins' will pursue the matter of recompense to this guy, after all, there in the 'action' business, he was not protected by any 'actions'....

No, didnt think so, you cant, because if you start taking 'action' like that then by doing so your accepting that you have a responsibility (moral, financial and punitive) to the victim.

So he has is answer, forget the scummer, put a claim in with the 'admins', its their responsibility, they have spoken, they will take the required 'action'.....

Its dangerous ground to take sides in the legal sense of a word............

better by far to just let a victim voice his grief, stand back, and moderate any message that can be slanderous for the protection of the boards operation, because like I said, if 'admins' are the ones to take action, then anything that goes wrong were they have not taken action, is their responsibility by their inaction, and not a responsibility I would want to shoulder.

Or have I misunderstood something?

(I often do, I'm a simple guy, either happy, or getting even)

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
              Why does the board have that rule?
              The admins can help the person who got trolled with obtaining identifiable information of the scammer.
              Then in return the victim may follow the "Already Trolled?" section from the "Tips and Tricks To Prevent Getting Trolled" thread.
              For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
              Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
              Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Ahh, provided the information provided was 'quality', and if not ?

Comment

Once the court asks for the information, it will be provided. We will not provide the users information to individuals on this forum.

He was given infractions for his language and complete disregard for the rules on this forum. Because of the number of infractions, his account was automatically banned, not because of his actions in the classifieds forum.
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

In other words, deal with Paypal on this because mp3car won't get your back unless they have to?
                    Spent so far: $1,755
                    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                    Don't mess with Texas.
                    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Originally posted by edrex View Post
                      In other words, deal with Paypal on this because mp3car won't get your back unless they have to?
                      Omg , its edrex

Comment

I do not blame them. If that was the case, everytime somebody wanted information about a member, they would release it.
                        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Until we have solid proof that something has happened we cannot go and give out private information. The same thing would happen for any user.

That's not to say that we do or don't believe that something happened. It's to say that we are being respectful of any and all members.
                          Jan Bennett
                          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hey Kevy!

I know the reasoning behind it, but its a little ridiculous to tell him he needs to go to court and have them subpoena the guys info. He should be able to open an investigation with paypal, and if they need any further info on the guy they should be able to get it from mp3car. If the guy was banned, then he doesn't need or deserve the same kind of protection that a member of the boards should recieve.
                            Spent so far: $1,755
                            Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                            CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                            Don't mess with Texas.
                            It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Working...
                            X