Why would you do this???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you do this???

What the hell is that gonna do? Does it fly?

edited: There was a picture of a civiv with a massive ugly wing on it. I guess the site I was posting from was getting too much traffic and removed it...
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Uugh! I see that crap all the time. I live around a bunch of marines who have nothing better to do with their money than spend it on tacky-*** car mods, especially the 2 and 3 level spoilers. I feel your pain x 10.

Comment

No, no, no. That's flamboyant.

This is tacky:

Don't Click

Comment

THAT

IS

AWEFUL!

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's the mystery mobile on crack!!

Comment

Re: Why would you do this???

Originally posted by PoBoy
            No, it doesn't fly, it does the opposite.. lol... increases traction at higher speeds, by pushing the car down.. lol, that, and destroy a perfectally good car. .
            2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
            register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

Re: Why would you do this???

Originally posted by PoBoy
              heres something to cheer you up
              My Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/signalsweepers
              My Web Page http://www.geocities.com/maltshopmemories/
              My Webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/signalsweeper

Comment

Re: Re: Why would you do this???

Originally posted by THEMP3KID

No, it doesn't fly, it does the opposite.. lol... increases traction at higher speeds, by pushing the car down.. lol, that, and destroy a perfectally good car. .
                Of course, it's a front wheel drive car, but the wing is on the back....

Plus, that Civic will never even come close to seeing the speeds that would make that monstrosity functional.
                Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Rice Cop ...... if you like what you see above, you'll love this!
                  90% Done
                  60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
                  Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
                  Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
                  All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
                  Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

Man, o, man, teh funnay is strong with this one:

http://www.ricecop.com/viewpic.php?picture=segway-r.jpg
                    Don't Click

Comment

why would you do this...

you would do that because you are an unoriginal, trend copying, conformist.

people who do stuff like that to their cars depend on the approval of others in order to feel good about themselves. i used to frequent the cavalier/sunfire web board (yeah, laugh at it... i do), and about 50% of all the posts were related to this question:
                      what do you think about this _ insert product_ ?"

i swear, no one in that entire forum could make a decision for themselves... they always relied on everyone else to make the choice for them. now i agree that an informed consumer is a smart consumer, but that is totally different then having people flat out tell you what to buy...

oh, and if you havent figured this out about me yet, i really dont like the whole "ricer" import racing scene. if you want to make your car fast... hey im all for that. racinng cars is simply amazing, although the closest i have come is go-karting . but the problem is adding about 500 lbs to your car (civic) in the form of body kits, aluminum wings, +3 oversized rims. that is not going to make your FWD car faster.

RANT OVER.... Continue on with your lives as normal...
                      Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                      PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                      2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

No, but a nice suspension stiffening, replacing stock rims with graphite ones, and installing EFU/ECU modules will help.

Long live the SCCA!

Comment

Long post.... sorry...

Originally posted by Skippman
                          No, but a nice suspension stiffening, replacing stock rims with graphite ones, and installing EFU/ECU modules will help.

Long live the SCCA!
                          stiff suspension will only work if it is correctly adjusted... and cutting your springs to lower the ride height is not the same as a stiffer suspension (believe me i have seen it done many times). most of the cars i have seen are some dude with coil-overs and a sway bar. it helps somewhat, but it is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to race tuning. plus, how many people can CORRECTLY adjust camber, toe-in/out etc, to get the full benefit of their stiff suspension.

graphite rims... lets talk about prices now... i have no clue what a nice set of graphite rims would cost, nor do i have time to find out. a quick google search really turned up no info on their cost. so im gonna have to say that they are well beyond the budget of the average street racer. what the average consumer can afford is a larger diameter rim, which, even if it is lighter than their stock rims, will still increase the unsprung weight experienced by the powertrain.

programmable fuel and engine managment modules are nice, but they too can only do so much. you have to figure in that an engine can only handle so much fuel, air, rotational speed, temperature, etc. there are limits on everything an engine can handle. increasing your air/fuel mixture will most likely lead to burned pistons and broken internals. pushing the engine past redline, by using a non-stock control module, allows the crank to spin much faster than what it was balanced for. tolerances in machining can only allow parts to spin so fast before their imperfections become a problem.

the simple fact is SPEED = MONEY

lets try to keep this in perspective of the "street racer" realm

simply attaching giant wings, clear taillights, blue bulbs, body kits, flahy wheels... doesnt get you moving any faster. sadly, real speed only comes to people who are willing to pay for it.

yes, there are some nice cars in the SCCA, but for the most part the features of publications like Sport Compact Car pander to the easily impressionable people who are willing to let others tell them what is cool. kinda reminds me of being in middle school again, where eveyone is so concerned about being accepted that no-one wants to step out on a limb and be original.

back to the ORIGINAL post... did you at least see that the dude put the wing on with L brakets from the hardware store. the kind you use to mount garage door openers... come on... that is not a nice looking modification...

~mike

edit...
                          i think we destroyed his transfer limit, cuz he page isnt loading at all anymore..

Comment

Mike,

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand the arena I'm getting into here. I've been doing my research for this car (Impreza STi) for over 2 years before I placed my order. A $31,000 rally car is far supperior to any Civic.

I also completely understand about porting and polishing, camber, stagger, gear ratio's, and the other mechanics of the power train. I'm actually looking into getting my own CNC mill to do some work with.

I agree that many of these people are following the trends of the Import scene. I myself am an IASCA and USAC follower. I plan to enter the 2004 IASCA circuit with my new Subie. And you're right, it's all about how much you want to spend. Fortunatly, I've got a good job and no life going for me!

Comment

okay... well at least we see some things on the same page...

on the topic of the subaru... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some pics...

i love that car... but to rich for my blood

~Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X