Red tinted lights, $0 mod!! :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red tinted lights, $0 mod!! :D

At work we have this stuff called ruby light that's used to stop the UV lamp from exposing parts of the plates that we don't want to exposed. I figured I'd try using it to tint my interior lights, It looks great!!

Front of the car with the lights on.

The lights on the cieling of the car.

The door light.

Dome light.

Maplight on the sunroof controls, and gps in background.
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Looks nice, "stained glass" glass spray paint is also supposed to give a similar effect.
    -Nick

Comment

must resist, urge....to...say...RICE
      Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
      Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
      In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Why does everyone say RICE like it's a bad thing.

I personally think blowers on muscle cars are in poor taste. But that's my opinion.

But back on the OT, that looks sweet. I used red bulbs in my Explorer, but the bulbs pain has since faded back to factory white.

Comment

a blower on a muscle car is in bad taste?!??!

goodness that is sortof contradictory...

a blower is just another name for a supercharger, and sticking a supercharger on a nice big american v8 is definatly in good taste. Mainly due to the fact that because it is a muscle car you want power, and a blower adds a massive amount of power without plastering 400 "this car is really cool" stickers all over it.

BTW, rice doesnt refer specifically to all imports. rice is simply the mentality of adding a body kit and chrome rims to a 120HP sedan. I do have respect for FAST imports as i have respect for a big american v8 with a blower.
          Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
          Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
          Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
          www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Originally posted by lstrunk
            must resist, urge....to...say...RICE
            Ugh it is so not rice

Rice is a 3 foot wing and stickers that say "I'm an *******" in chinese, mods that make your car look fast even though my brother's motor scooter will school you.

This is just red lights because I like red (similarly my car is black because I like black)

Maybe if i drove around with them on you could call it rice..
            aka Kumaneko
            mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation

Comment

Originally posted by ShinkunoNamida

Ugh it is so not rice

Rice is a 3 foot wing and stickers that say "I'm an *******" in chinese, mods that make your car look fast even though my brother's motor scooter will school you.
              I agree...
              rice can also be defined as putting a vtec sticker on a non-vtec honda, or badging a civic dx w/an si-R badge, or adding a type-R badge to base model integra, or putting a trd sticker on a honda, mugen sticker on a toyota, etc etc....

spoilers, well.. those are all a matter of opinion... those double decker aluminum spoilers only look good on certain cars, and provide functionality on certain cars.

red interior lights is very non ricey.... clear taillights are ricey (i used to own some, got rid of em)

bodykits and 19" rims on a 120hp car isn't rice, it's just dumb. They could be the all show no go type of person.

anyways... that's just my $0.02
              Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
              Mods: Yep
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                spoilers, well.. those are all a matter of opinion... those double decker aluminum spoilers only look good on certain cars, and provide functionality on certain cars.

... ahhh havta pull u up there..... 'functionality'? please tell me of a stock production car that drives at speeds that require extra downforce to exist on its rear end.... unless your driving a Maclaren F1 down the interstate/freeway u aint gonna need a rear spoiler...

its all just for looks.... not to say that its a bad thing IMHO..
                Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

well, i've gone to race tracks and have taken 100mph twisties, if it kept my butt on the ground... not sure...
                  Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss

I agree...
                    rice can also be defined as putting a vtec sticker on a non-vtec honda, or badging a civic dx w/an si-R badge, or adding a type-R badge to base model integra, or putting a trd sticker on a honda, mugen sticker on a toyota, etc etc....

red interior lights is very non ricey.... clear taillights are ricey (i used to own some, got rid of em)

bodykits and 19" rims on a 120hp car isn't rice, it's just dumb. They could be the all show no go type of person.

anyways... that's just my $0.02
                    Heh, that has always struck me as so funny, but then again, im of a different mindset (that id rather have no badges, stealth stylee ). and I have nothing against average spoliers (ie stock), its the 3 ft ones that are straight out of F1.
                    -Nick

Comment

I've always thought that stock spoilers and other (aftermarket) *LOW* spoilers, look nice and help to reduce drag on the car at highway speeds which helps gas mileage. If not, they still look good... It's just when you see a big wing on a car that makes it look rediculous... unless that car happens to go fast enough to require it.

Let me put it this way I was coming home the other night and I pulled up first to a red light, I hear this car pull up beside me with a rice muffler humming like crazy... he didn't have any big spoilers or anything but I still knew it was a little honda 4-banger with no power... I drive that blazer that is shown in my avatar... it has a 2.8L 6 cylinder engine. It is a nice engine, but doesn't work well in a 4WD S-10 blazer... too much weight, not enough power in the ratio. Yet I knew he was going to try and speed off trying to look cool so I let him hit it at green get all the way in front of me (as I took it easy, his back bumper had past my front) and i floored it, which I admit doesn't do much...I have to floor it to get up to highway speeds without getting run over. But i still went flying past him... So at the next light he tried it again but I took off at the same time and I just blew right past him.

So I define rice as driving a vehicle and acting like it is a race car... Whether that means no mods to it but punching it at every light, or plastering it in stickers and throwing on a wing wider than the entire length of the vehicle. I agree that driving an import is not rice, it's just some of the things people do with their cars which came from the "import tuner scene" that can make it rice.

-Josh

Ha ha I found this after posting.... Definately Rice http://www.phathonda.com/rice/integra1.jpg
                      Check it out... it's made outta wood!
                      Josh Karger
                      By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Funniest stock spoilers are the ones (like on my newly re-aquired Saturn) that have no pillars. They just rest on the decklid. HMM, wonder what effect they might possibly have??

But, without it, that car would just look stupid.
                        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                        I'M DEBT FREE!!
                        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

so... is my car rice?

this hood shattered against my windshield.. carbon fiber, could pick it up w/one finger RIP

and the ever so famous from hot import nights
                          (excuse the little girls )

Comment

Definately not, apparently you have the speed to back up the looks of your car. When you do stupid mods like those annoying white headlights, tinted ****, euro tails, etc, but with a 1.5 liter Honda, then you are rice.

BTW, my mom is buying an 96 Accord this weekend, so I don't think imports are bad, and I've seen quit a few Riced American cars, like Cavaliers.
                            Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
                            Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
                            In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

My favorite is a Neon with a TYPE R banner accross the windshield.. it doesn't matter what other mods are done to that car.. as soon as you see that you can **** yourself laughing.
                              aka Kumaneko

Comment

Working...
                              X