Geek Squad Sued For Videoing Customer In Shower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek Squad Sued For Videoing Customer In Shower

See, Geek Squad is not good for your computers hehe...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/gee...ower-251662.php

A California woman is suing Peek Squad and Best Buy after one of their techs allegedly taped her taking a shower.

Hao Kuo Chi was paying a house call when Sarah Vasquez says he set his camera phone up in the bathroom, left it running, and recorded her bathing.

"You could see him on the video setting it up," Vasquez said. "I was shocked."

Gotta be careful when you let strange people into your house these days. They could be total pervert douchebags.
    I was just reading this on digg.com and I watched the videos. The woman says "I was in the shower and I saw the cellphone....and the red dot was blinking...."

Now to my knowledge, there is NO cellphone with a blinking red dot when its recording. Maybe a flash that stays on, but thats about it... Anybody else wanna chime in here?

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
    See, Geek Squad is not good for your computers hehe...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/gee...ower-251662.php

I was just reading this on digg.com and I watched the videos. The woman says "I was in the shower and I saw the cellphone....and the red dot was blinking...."

Now to my knowledge, there is NO cellphone with a blinking red dot when its recording. Maybe a flash that stays on, but thats about it... Anybody else wanna chime in here?

Rafster
    The red led that flashes when you have a message I guess.

Comment

I have the PPC 6700 that they use. It has a red blinking dot on the pda screen, but of course, you should also see the picture it is recording...
      Mike M
      2006 Accord VP Sedan

My worklog
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-dads-car.html

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
        This thread is useless without the video for evidence.
        If you can find it.... share it... girl looks kinda hot....
        Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by mwmcginn View Post
          I have the PPC 6700 that they use. It has a red blinking dot on the pda screen, but of course, you should also see the picture it is recording...
          Yeah... but on a PDA phone.... the camera is behind the screen so it wouldn't be facing her shower if she could look at the screen.... right?

Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
            Yeah... but on a PDA phone.... the camera is behind the screen so it wouldn't be facing her shower if she could look at the screen.... right?

Rafster
            She took the PDA and had a look at the screen?

Why make it so difficult man?

Comment

but why did she have to take the memory card to a phone shop to see the video, couldn't she just the phone that the card was in?
              Installed
              Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
              512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
              [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro View Post
                but why did she have to take the memory card to a phone shop to see the video, couldn't she just the phone that the card was in?
                Most girls are technophobes... + she's latina....

I can say that... I'm latino...

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

Later..... Jeramy Beadle jumped out of a headge and shouted.... 'you've been framed' lol.

Terran
                  My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                    This thread is useless without the video for evidence.

he came to fix a computer. How would he have enought time to figure out that she is going to take a shower and then set up his phone when not looking. It would be much easier for her to get his phone and set him up.

"You could see him on the video setting it up," Vasquez said. "I was shocked."

so do they have the video?
                    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                    Buy Sell or Trade
                    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                    Thank you
                    Forex
                    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet View Post
                      Later..... Jeramy Beadle jumped out of a headge and shouted.... 'you've been framed' lol.

Terran
                      All looking like an innocent grey haired, bearded gardener OAP trimming the hegdes, with a mic behind his back.

But then again these guys wouldnt know what we on about? Either they are not born yet or just living on the wrong side of the pond

Comment

ooh, except enforcer of course whos more than qualified to know whos jerremy is

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31 View Post
                          But then again these guys wouldnt know what we on about? Either they are not born yet or just living on the wrong side of the pond
                          All the more fun for us then

Terran
                          My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                          X