Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its SCUBA DYER tthe SCUBA NEWBE....HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its SCUBA DYER tthe SCUBA NEWBE....HELP!

Hey, just bought a whole bunch of scuba gear. I have NOOOO idea what i'm doing. Any advice for a newbie scuba diver. I will get certified bt i have the vest, octo, regulatr, BC< guages, and wetsuit. i know i need flippers gloves and a mask. LMK whatever wrds of wsedom you have to share .

i already know not to pet certain inds of sharks or eat a big mac under water...
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

whatever you do....DO NOT breathe in while re-surfacing...lung overexpansion is a *****...only breathe out....and make sure you take your required safety stop at 15 feet (3 meters) if your nitrogen level is too high...you dont wanna risk getting the benz...

good luck...i miss diving...

edit: forgot to mention that you should learn how to pressurize your ears...and if you have sinus problems like i do, it can be a bit tough. sometimes its as simple as yawning, and othertimes you have to pinch your nose and blow...you'll get used to it eventually...just remember to keep equalizing as you go down..and before you feel pain...
    Trouble deciding on car speakers? Clicky Clicky
    Speakers: DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3 Link
    Subwoofer: removed
    Amplifier#1 (Front Stage): DLS Ultimate A4
    Amplifier#2 (Sub) removed
    Carputer: Removed for tablet install

Comment

Get real training from a certifying agency instructor (PADI, SSI, NAUI or similar)

And use a spell checker
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

i only have mispelled two words...geez...i'm not using firefox right now...

training is a must.

If i muff dive...no advice needed there...well..its funny...the girls i did that to were my longest reationships...it's kinda why i stopped. I cant get rid of them after!

THE GF THEME
        Genesis has speed
        Genesis has class
        Genesis sent money
        before your a__;)

Comment

Oh god...here we go.

Dont scuba, go snorkeling. Then, take a deeeep breath, go down. Fast and far. When your ears start to hurt, keep going untill you hear a pop and the pain goes away. Blood and snot should come out of your nose. Your sinus just popped and youll never have sinus problems again....

Or....just be careful and enjoy it. Take the 15ft stop and for gods sake, if it does hurt, stop! Do not smoke after you scuba either. Unless Im around to laugh at you while you run around with your hair on fire.
          ~Fin~
          My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

Originally posted by Genesisfactor View Post
            Hey, just bought a whole bunch of scuba gear. I have NOOOO idea what i'm doing. Any advice for a newbie scuba diver. I will get certified bt i have the vest, octo, regulatr, BC< guages, and wetsuit. i know i need flippers gloves and a mask. LMK whatever wrds of wsedom you have to share .

i already know not to pet certain inds of sharks or eat a big mac under water...
            Hey, just bought a whole bunch of scuba gear. I have NOOOO idea what I'm doing. Any advice for a newbie scuba diver. I will get certified but i have the vest, octo, regulator, BC< gauges, and wet suit. i know i need flippers gloves and a mask. LMK whatever words of wisdom you have to share .

i already know not to pet certain kinds of sharks or eat a big mac under water...
            I was teasing, but it was more than two... still teasing.

My second job is teaching for a local dive shop. Please be safe.
            TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

hehe i know, i wanted to play too .

you teach it!? tell me all sorets of tips and tricks and what not, tht's awesome!!!

i dont' have sinus problems

I don't smoke either, but you're giving me too many fun ides with that one, stop it or give me more ideas :-D

THE GF THEME
              Genesis has speed
              Genesis has class
              Genesis sent money
              before your a__;)

Comment

Find a good local shop and go to class
                Ask to meet the instructors before you pay, chat with some of them. Then decide if it is a good shop for you.

Get the gear checked out before class. Some bargains are not really what you need.
                TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by rijndael View Post
                  whatever you do....DO NOT breathe in while re-surfacing...lung overexpansion is a *****...only breathe out....and make sure you take your required safety stop at 15 feet (3 meters) if your nitrogen level is too high...you dont wanna risk getting the benz...

good luck...i miss diving...

edit: forgot to mention that you should learn how to pressurize your ears...and if you have sinus problems like i do, it can be a bit tough. sometimes its as simple as yawning, and othertimes you have to pinch your nose and blow...you'll get used to it eventually...just remember to keep equalizing as you go down..and before you feel pain...
                  I used to have problems with my sinuses clearing during a dive. Now, I take a sudafed a few hours before I head out (I don't get drowsy for some odd reason though).
                  2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
                  Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

Geneise,
                    I am a current Scuba Instructor with both SSI and PADI.... I will tell you flat out. PUT ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT AWAY UNTIL YOU TAKE THE CLASS. This is not something you want to just jump into. People can be hurt very easily, by "just playing around" and not getting trained.

Yes, Scuba is fun and can be very exciting, but it can be very dangerous. A instructor buddy of mine, lost one of his students because the kid was to busy playing around instead of listening to to the instructions that his instructor was giving him.

Example: http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s070421.html

Oh second, if you came into my class calling them flippers, I would have to bust you pretty hard. Flipper(s) was that dauphin in the old tv show, what you have their are fins. vest = BC or BCD (bouncy Compensation device)

I will get off of my soap box now, but if you have any questions about scuba and the certification process, just shoot me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X