Air Condition Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Condition Problem

Dear experts,

I have a 96 Honda Civic.

Recently, I replaced my Upstream Oxygen Sensor, in order to reach it, I tried to move the radiator. I unscrew one screw on the radiator, then I heard air releasing sound.

When I was done with the oxygen sensor, I realized my A/C was gone.

I went to the store and bought a recharging kit. But A/C is still not functioning right, I don't feel the difference.

I really need your help.

Thank you so much.

to recharge the ac the right way, it needs to be vacumed first & then charged with the correct amount of freon, those little kits they sell can be ok if your system is just a little low to give it a boost, but to fully charge an empty system you should take it to a shop with the correct equiptment for this really.., a car like that may take around 2 pounds of freon give or take, doing this with those tiny cans can cost as almost as much as having it done right & won't work as good either..
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Moved to Off Topic.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Sounds like you created a leak, that will need to be fixed.... then recharge.
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Could be a leak, but he removed a cap. That shouldn't really cause it to depressurise though. Was it the low pressure or high pressure side? High is the insulated one. I think they both have valves.