IE6 Javascript Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 Javascript Issues

I am running IE6 on Win2K Pro (P4/2GHz, 512Mb). Recently, my javascript actions don't work. If I click on a link that is javascripted, nothing happens. It worked fine when I first installed IE6. I also tried using add/remove programs to remove IE6, and nothing happened. I did try an install over the top from MS website, with no success.

HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't check my work e-mail via MS Outlook Web Access!
    KG6OQD
    www.americansandassociation.org

Did you try installing the SUN java vm? When you download that you can then pick if you want to use the MS VM or the Sun VM in IE.
    '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
    Black/Imola Red
    19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
    Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7"
    Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

Comment

No Dice.

Hyperlinks also don't launch an IE window from Outlook Express. I'm wondering if I picked up an unusual virus that caused this???
      KG6OQD

Comment

reinstall IE6? then ensure that javascript execution is enabled in IE...
        Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

I get a similar problem, but i`m running xp pro/ie6... I actually get a box telling me i need to install a javascript update, so i click "download", and I just get redirected 2 a page that says the "update is no longer avalible".
          My Setup

Comment

It's a start...

Go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html to download the Sun java engine.

Then go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and make sure that it is turned on. Restart.

HTH?

C!
            http://carpc.riposte.net
            I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Yep did that as well. Still didn't work. I did find an article on Microsoft's KB that seemed to relate to my problem, and they are releasing the fix in the next update, whenever that is.

I did resolve the issue with links not opening in OE6. I had to reassign the URL file type. I found the answer on the discussion boards on microsoft's site.
              KG6OQD

Comment

If you search around on google or such, im sure you can find your answer. My boss on IE6/XP ran into it the other day, and ended up downloading the MS JM files off a 3rd party server, as microsoft had to pull them because ot their problems with sun.
                -Nick

Comment

I'm starting to think it may be a server issue with our company, but I'll crank up Google and see what I can find.
                  KG6OQD

Comment

Well, I seem to have the latest version of MS VM, as well as Java's VM, and now I don't think its really either of them causing the problem. With my corporate e-mail access, hovering over the message link brings up a description in the status bar. (javascript: parent.openNewWindow...). Clicking on the link results in no reaction. Right clicking and attempting to open link in new window also does nothing. But the Java links I clicked on in Microsoft's website worked, and they were not doing a parent call. But then I can't post any messages to the Microsoft Community newsgroups, as a window flashes by so fast I can't see it, then closes itself. ARRRGGGGGHHHHH. I have also run across websites where the "standard" hyperlinks don't work. On those, I can usually copy and paste the shortcut, which then works fine.

So how I can downgrade back to IE5.5? Maybe I should just give up on IE altogether...

EDIT: I went and downloaded Mozilla 1.1, and it works fine. So it is definitely an issue with IE6/Win2K. I'll just wait for the next Service Pack for IE before I try again.
                    KG6OQD

Comment

and to think, people give me odd looks when i say i still use ie 5.01sp2. 5.5 was the devil, and 6 is hobbled on nt .
                      -Nick

Comment

Working...
                      X