No announcement yet.

Getting Rid of AOL

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of AOL

Here's a challenge, try and cancle and AOL account, they will do almost anything to keep you. But after alo of convincing I finally pursaded them that I really did nto want them any more.

PS if you want free intrnet access: get AOl, then tell them that you want to quite, they'll then give you a months free access, when this is comming to an end tell them you want to quite a gain, they'll then offer you another month's free access to stay with them. Not sure how many time you can do this, but I got 2 months before I put my foot down and told them that I really, really wanted to leave them.
    And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows? (Does what it says on the URL) (The new car, with zero rust!) (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

if you get (un)lucky when you try to quit sometimes they will offer you more than a month to try it out and see if you do want to quit for sure.

I don't know why anyone would join AOL in the first place!! M.A.V.I.C. System
      Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case. MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

same thing with verizon dsl. I got a free month from them and then canceled and they offered me up to 6 free months to stay on with them. To bad their dsl service sucks in my area.
        '98 Explorer Sport (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Wow! I remember leaving AOL, at least 4 years ago...

I finally cancelled my account, only to have some arsehole re-open it and proceed to run up a huge bill on it. I would have found this quite difficult cause I formatted my computer to get rid of the horrible AOL 4 beta that I was stuck with! Eventually, they re-closed the account and we haven't herd from them since. Personally I think the only good thing about AOL is winamp, and I'd rather pay for that than have to live with the knowledge that I am using AOL softare

Although I do love winamp...

Mediabox Hardware Project
          Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
          Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
          To do: Far too much!