Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Parallel (Printer) Port Interface (from Aarons site)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Parallel (Printer) Port Interface (from Aarons site)

With the basic circuit on Aarons site, can I use something like this to use it to switch devices on/off??
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

AHH!! I can't work it out... could someone modify the circuit or combine to 2 for me?? I thought that the interface only had 8 outputs.....???? aaron, your site isn't very informative..

Comment

Re: Simple Parallel (Printer) Port Interface (from Aarons site)

Originally posted by THEMP3KID
      With the basic circuit on Aarons site, can I use something like this to use it to switch devices on/off??
      Yes.

AHH!! I can't work it out... could someone modify the circuit or combine to 2 for me?? I thought that the interface only had 8 outputs.....???? aaron, your site isn't very informative..
      Aaron's site looks fine to me. Tie the grounds together, then connect the sw1 and sw2 inputs to one of the outputs of the buffer ICs. The (close to) 5v that comes out of the buffer chips will be more than adequate to switch the open collector driver transistors on the relay board.

Rob
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Re: Re: Simple Parallel (Printer) Port Interface (from Aarons site)

Originally posted by Rob Withey
        Yes.

Aaron's site looks fine to me. Tie the grounds together, then connect the sw1 and sw2 inputs to one of the outputs of the buffer ICs. The (close to) 5v that comes out of the buffer chips will be more than adequate to switch the open collector driver transistors on the relay board.

Rob
        But which are the outputs?? I thought there was only 8... so, does that mean that some of the output pins go to ground or WHAT??

Comment

12 outputs and 5 inputs. The outputs are the ones next to the arrows going to the right on the left of the buffers. The arrows going to the left are inputs. Bleedin' obvious if you ask me.

Rob

Comment

Nah, but on the other side of the ICs.... aarons software only handles 8 outputs, so, which ones do I use for the 8??

Comment

Try it and see?????

Rob

Comment

OKAY!!! I GOT IT!!!!

lol

(don't mind me)

parallel port has EIGHT TTL OUTPUTS, FIVE INPUTS and FOUR bi-directional!!!! right???

Comment

My site is quite informative. It's just that you don't know what you're doing.
                  Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                  Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                  "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
                  X