Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air conditioning

i hope this is the apropriate area.

My car's air conditioning does not work it never did work too good, is there a way to upgrade it and to make it more worth my money? because after all it takes alot of hours to break into the dash and find out what exactly is wrong with it.

You could always replace the blower speed resistors with a power transistor, connect the actuators to a fusion brain, hook up some new (or existing, depending on what you're starting with) sensors, and then interface it with a computer I think that would be worth the money.
    It's been a while...

Comment

sounds complex. Im not very computer-savvy when it comes to wiring or anything. I have yet to do my first build.

I was infact thinking about a way to control my AC through my PC How could i do that?

Comment

No, it's not in the right forum.
        Moved to Off Topic.

If you don't know what you're doing, then take it to a professional.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

does it blow and just not get cold? if so all you need is a recharge. You can buy a kit at just about any auto parts store and do it yourself. As for hooking it up to your computer, you are better off asking h3rk, he obviously know what he is taking about.
          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
          Buy Sell or Trade
          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
          Thank you
          Forex
          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

I agree with darque about AC not being the best Do it Yourself job to tackle, an AC system is pretty unforgiving.
            I know a lot of people who tried to recharge some more freon, and then ended up bringing it in for a 1300$ new system. I'm not saying they didn't have bad compressors to start with, but it's relatively easy for someone who's not certified to screw things up...in a bad way.
            If you want to learn, then sure, grab some books, take a class, and have at it. I'm all for it.
            I only suggested the PC interface, because you didn't say what your problem was, other than that it never worked too good, which isn't very descriptive.

Your best bet is to take it to a shop, the performance check/ basic diagnosis is only like 35USD or so. If it just doesn't blow cold, then you may could get away with a simple recharge, but I wouldn't assume that.

as for the interface check out these threads:

Mastero's Aircon

My 'Beginning of an Automatic HVAC interface' worklog

using the Fusion Brain

It's not a very easy project, and mastero's Aircon is the most complete answer to date, but it as of yet is not an automatic HVAC option, but it works.

My project is still under construction.
            It's been a while...

Comment

What are the odds of that, though?
              It's been a while...

Comment

its a 99 cavalier (my first car)
                And yes it just blows air and its not cold, the heater works fine though.

I have my sisters b/f he works on cars alott! but then again he works about 24/7 it seems haha no but seriousely he gets 1 day off a week. But he might wanna help me if i slip him a little bit of cash.

Comment

Slip him some cash then, that'll be the best bet

Comment

haha i bet...he makes $17 an hour and gets over 1K a check and dosent ever get a penny out of it! he has to borrow money for gas from his g/f (my sister) which she only makes $9 an hour!

Comment

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Car's-Air-Conditioner
                      I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                      Buy Sell or Trade
                      Thank you
                      Forex
                      Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Just use the 4x60 system:

four windows down at 60 miles per hour
                        ~Jimmy

Comment

I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                          Buy Sell or Trade
                          Thank you
                          Forex
                          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X