Any independant consultants in here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any independant consultants in here?

To make a long story short, it looks like I may be out of a job by early-mid 2003. I'd really like to make a go of it on my own, and I think the local market can bear another consultant, but I was wondering what advice anyone can give me on this.

My areas of concern are: Marketing & Promotion, Pricing Structures, and probably the difficult part... How to start up a consulting business while I still have a day job??

Any suggestions?

TIA.
    ~m
    PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
    Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
    BC ROCKS!!!

I'm halfway there. I am a temproary consultant but work for a consultaing company. They take a cut of the pay but handel all my billing and taxes and give me 6 holidays and a bonus every 1500 hours billed. I do pay my own insurance, but am fairly healthy so its not bad.

Comment

Working...
    X