BMC is having trouble with Ford.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC is having trouble with Ford.

I'm posting this on every car related forum I know.

Ford is putting the heat on car forums like BlackMustangClub, claiming that they are infringing on the copyright name and likeness to all Mustangs.
    Basically, BMC (and some other forums and clubs) can no longer produce calenders, use the name "Mustang", post pictures, or anything of the sort.

Check out the link.... it gets interesting around page 3.
    http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402

Also, note the banner at the top of the screen... all the censors and *******'s.

wow, I just read some of that thread & all I can say is wow, ford really isn't using there public relations team too well now are they.

that is really unbelievable, if I had a product that I wanted to promote, I would be happy & supportive of any & all free advertisement I could get. this has to be one of the stupidest things I have seen in a long time, crush all the free advertisement & **** off many of the true enthusiasts in the name of what? how could they not see that they stand nothing to gain from there actions, nothing. everything that they are trying to stop will not increase there bottom line even $1. but of course, they have a whole lot to loose from there actions... what a bunch of boneheads
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Ford Marketing Genius

Unbelievable! I guess I will have to change my avatar
      ~Jimmy

Comment

so what now? am i suppose to buy a pos bmw or toyota now?
        The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
        CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
        PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
        Memory:1G
        Drives:160gig
        WI-FI:Cingular
        GPS:IG2k9
        Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Considering the high level of reliability of both BMW & Toyota models, especially when compared to FoMoCo (or other American nameplates), I wouldn't be so quick to call them a POS.

Granted, nearly any vehicle will last as long as you need/want if properly maintained. Some makes are metrely more tolerant than others.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Resolved.
            http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42820

Comment

Working...
            X