X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow one great looking sxetup

duno whos setup but wow

it was taken by someone at a local car show here over the weekend

im ****ed now my screen isnt the biggest in australia time for a 42" plasma i think

lol

cheers
    pcman
    donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

It`s pretty damn yellow, but..... WOW. Is that 3 lcds i can see there? Any more pix? Nice find!
    My Setup

Comment

Re: wow one great looking sxetup

this car was in our local paper a few months ago.... its done by an autoshop in Clayton.... rather sweet setup.... I just cant think of the life of me what the website URL to the cars website is!
      Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Re: Re: wow one great looking sxetup

Originally posted by magnetik
        this car was in our local paper a few months ago.... its done by an autoshop in Clayton.... rather sweet setup.... I just cant think of the life of me what the website URL to the cars website is!
        i-like-5-and-a-quarter-inch-devices-stupidly-embedded-in-my-dash.com?

It's a big screen, but I've never liked that car.

C!
        http://carpc.riposte.net
        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: wow one great looking sxetup

hey pcman, did you get the the auto-saloon on the weekend (im guessing thats where this picky was taken)......??? was hoping to go..... sadly it was not to be
          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

What kind of spartan car is that?
            -Nick

Comment

That is a pretty phat setup.. although I think the yellow is a little much. I don't know why they didn't make some custom faces for those 5.25s while they were at it.. Seems like thy had a pretty big budget, to leave something so simple and insignificant like that it's a bit of a shame
              aka Kumaneko
              "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
              Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
              mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
              Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I see a great big Tac but no spedometer, does it have a HUD or what? And yeah, way too much yellow for my liking. But a nice carputer install. I''m with shin: they should have taken the 15 mins to customise the 5.25 faces, but oh well...
                90% Done
                60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
                Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
                Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
                All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
                Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

Hi,
                  Sorry but for me it looks ugly - even very ugly - the hardware is great ( screens ) but the rest is .
                  I prefer installs i'v seen over here in the forums -

perhaps I'm a bit conservative - by prefering darker colors and a bit rounder forms

felix
                  =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
                  ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
                  ::trying to build second low cost carpc::
                  ::Automp3.de :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

Comment

do you need to amputate your left leg to drive it?
                    If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

Jeez that guy's dumb...
                      He put the steering wheel on the wrong side!
                      http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                      Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by PatO
                        Jeez that guy's dumb...
                        He put the steering wheel on the wrong side!
                        LOL...(for 5+ minutes...)
                        Aura MR62 (F and R)
                        My Current MP3s
                        IamDefiler.com

Comment

Oh... I get it...
                          He steers with the keyboard! (That's what power steering is for...)
                          http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                          CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                          Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

WOW...i dont like it... where to begin

1. is that keyboard just sitting on a pad... pretty tacky. at least integrate it into the glove compartment door.

2. clean up the rats nest of cable in the glove compartment.

3. the slot cd drive and the audio bay are absolutely horrible. looks like just a dremel-ed out opening. they arent even the same color. why not make them fit the contour of the dash a little better. with all the work in this car, he could have at least made a dash piece to fit in that notch where the cd/audio bays are. make it match the contour of the dash, and install the drive bays on a slight angle to match the angle of the face of the dash.

4. the shift boot shouldnt be made out of a pant leg from a pair of 1980's M.C. Hammer pants.

5. is that shift knob even installed the right way??? it looks like it should be rotated 180 degrees.

now, before i get bashed for bashing this guy... he DID put a lot of work and money into it. but its all this little stuff that "show car" people are going to point out. details are what make the whole thing complete and this is obviously skimping on the fine details.

oh, and for a final point... why put that much $ into a car that you basically cant drive on the street.

~Mike
                            Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                            PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                            2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Re: Re: wow one great looking sxetup

Originally posted by magnetik
                              Could it be fullboost.com.au?

Comment

Working...
                              X