X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 5.1/7.1 PC speakers recommendations

I just picked up a media pc seen here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_CAEN

I got it to take with me while I'll be away from my family for the next year (military "operational requirements").

Paid just a shade over 500 bucks and it'll do just about everything I'm looking for.

Sure, it's not in a nice low profile case and it doesn't look like a stereo amplifier, but I don't really care for the cost savings and convenience of not having to build it from components (time before move is running out quickly).

Now I'm looking for a set of amplified PC speakers to go with it. I'm looking for a set that will be 5.1 or 7.1 to play back my music, dvd's, gaming, tv sound etc. I'm just looking for decent sound at a reasonable price. I won't be looking for something that will rattle windows, but decent surround effects would be nice.

It's not intended to be a permanent setup or even a proper home theater setup, just "good enough for now" sound without sounding too cheap or "tinny".

It's all going into a pretty small apt, about the size of a double car garage, hence the reason I'm looking to get stuff that will do double duty if you will.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Nevermind, decided and bought a set already, got a decent deal, opinions?

Paid a little more than I budgeted, but I think it'll be worth it based on the specs and reveiws:

Logitech Z-5500

Considered the wireless speakers version, but it seems most say it has a slight drop in sound quality and interferes with some cordless phones.

Think I'll give the visa a little rest for now, it's getting kinda warm from over use.............

Cheers
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

I just got those same speakers a few weeks ago. I have my dish DVR hooked up through digital coax, dvd player through optical, and pc hooked up. How do you like them? I have them in my bedroom. They get loud enough and sound good enough in here. If you have an LCD on a wall mount you can mount the center speaker under it pretty easily. i can get you a pic if you want.
      Fisher Customs
      www.fishercustoms.com

AMD mobile Athlon 3200+, 512mb ram, M2-ATX, 8" dynamix 16:9, powermate, 80 gig hd, 802.11G PCI w/ stubby antenna, SB Live Soundcard, hardwired into stock Bose system

Comment

Still waiting for the HTPC.

Hooked it up to my laptop, not bad, but not as good as I was expecting though............
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

i noticed when i hooked up mine to the onboard sound they kind of sucked. but i bought a soundcard and turned the quality all the way up and it sounds much better. i paid 149.99 shipped so im not really going to complain. Does what i need it to do. and will make a cheap, small, easy to use 5.1 in the living room someday.
          Fisher Customs
          www.fishercustoms.com

AMD mobile Athlon 3200+, 512mb ram, M2-ATX, 8" dynamix 16:9, powermate, 80 gig hd, 802.11G PCI w/ stubby antenna, SB Live Soundcard, hardwired into stock Bose system

Comment

Working...
          X