Finally buying a car :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally buying a car :)

Okay so I'm still a student, a young one at that, and I've been saving for the past year to buy myself a nice car: a 2001 Mustang Convertible.

Its black with a nice shiny clear coat and 5-speed, which should be fun to learn to drive

I've been preparing for this for ages; I've purchased a computer, a screen, a GPS, an OBD scanner, etc etc etc. I've even created my own hardware and firmware for a VERY specialized USB control board, which I may end up selling if it's not too much hassle.

I've written my own frontend using Flash and Pascal. Although it may not be complete, the functionality is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I've "acquired" over 150gb of music -- all of which is sorted with specific formatting: /Music/Artist/Album/Artist - Song Title.mp3 where all of the necessary ID3 tags are also input.

I can't wait, I have a trailer set up for tomorrow night and a nice wad of US cash sitting on my dresser. Just had to tell some people because I can't keep that to myself

Thanks for all the knowledge so far guys, and at the same time -- its all your fault. If this site hadn't popped up in a google search for custom arcade controls (BYOAC -- great site!), I never would have spent all this money! Thanks
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Thread moved to OT. Congrats and have fun with the car. Glad we could help relieve you of some excess cash!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Ahh done deal Imported in to Canada no problems
      Left at 5:00 AM this morning, arrived right now, 2:00 AM.
      For the mathematicians, 21 hours. Shouldn't have been that long but the guy had no idea what he was doing.
      Tomorrow morning shall be the start of test-fitting parts
      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
      Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Working...
      X