Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista Auto-Updates -- Can't Turn Off!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Auto-Updates -- Can't Turn Off!!!!

Alright this autoupdating is ****ing me off. Closes all my programs without saving every day at 3am. I go to turn it off, and all the options are grayed out.

I am the only user on the computer. I am an administrator. Why can I not disable the crap that is Auto Updates in vista?!?!?!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

The last one is a good option. Planning on doing it for a while, but I need a Vista machine for dev work since some people use it.

Well I have changed the registry now so it doesnt update, but I still cant change it though the "Security Centre" crap. It says the updates are off, but then the grayed out options still say automatic. Great...
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

recommend 2nd option too, but anyway you can stop it by stopping the service (msconfig.exe - Services - uncheck Automatic Update - restart).
      Gone and never come back.
      EPIA TC 1G 256MB 60GB Linux,WindowMaker, Roadnav, Xine, XMMS, iGuidance3
      Lilliput 8", Pharos i360, WUSB11v2.6 WiFi

Comment

I know all the workaround ways, and I have disabled them now.

But if I ever want to re-enable them, I cant presently because they are still locked out in the options.

Add another tick to Vistas useless security.

Comment

Working...
        X