On my Powerbook just now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my Powerbook just now...

HAHAHA... this thing kept trying to scan my HD... when I finally put ok to scan... it started scanning DLLs.... WTF? Mac has DLLs?
    Attached Files
    Post # 3000

You be infected.
    ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Comment

Bad ***. Of course it has DLLs. Don't you know that every computer known to man uses the windows kernel at heart? Mac and BSD is just a farce. Isn't BSD eerily close to BSoD? Hmm... perplexing. And firefox is used by Microsoft to transport spyware to your Mac, urging you to buy a new computer that isn't a fruity cat. Microsoft reserves their own software (IE) to lease it as a transport agent to other companies for unleashing their own 3rd party value-added spyware. Who knows, by now maybe there's even 4 or 5 parties involved. It's a conspiracy my friend. Hope you have your tin-foil caps created and coated with Rain-X. (Look, the water beads and runs right off!)

Lord have mercy on my soul.
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Wow, I never thought of adding rain-X to my foil hat. I must get on that immediately.
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Haha!! I lol'd in real life...
          Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I'm surprised that the site didn't style the popup to look like a windows dialog box. I run into those semi-regularly and always laugh when the try to tell me my mac is infected with a windows virus. I feel sorry for anybody stupid/ignorant enough to fall for those, even if they are on windows
            check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

That's why God invented sandboxie! Then you can browse all the pr0n you want, and no worries of anything bad ever happening in your life ever again...
              Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                That's why God invented sandboxie! Then you can browse all the pr0n you want, and no worries of anything bad ever happening in your life ever again...
                ?
                Post # 3000

Comment

Sandboxie = application sandbox for windows 2000/xp/(vista too i think?) Doesn't allow data to be written to the drive.
                  Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                    Sandboxie = application sandbox for windows 2000/xp/(vista too i think?) Doesn't allow data to be written to the drive.
                    I see...

Sorry, I live in a Mac OS virus/spyware free world...

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

for now
                      check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

Originally posted by NeonDev View Post
                        for now
                        You..... Stay out of my Mac.... GRRRRRRR

Rafster
                        Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
                          I see...

Sorry, I live in a Mac OS virus/spyware free world...

Rafster
                          your starting to sound like a mac fan boy
                          Installed
                          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Haha, I actually run Ubuntu on my machines these days... So I'd have to agree with you. It's just a matter of time before they're smart enough to infect us guys though...

Windows was a smart and easy target, easy to develop, active x, and HUGE user base. Slowly and surely, linux/mac/other will get their taste. Imagine if you will someone finds a flaw or security hole that allows a tiny app to be downloaded and ran under the current user. It waits and watches for either a sudo command issued, or gksudo to be called, and starts capturing keystrokes. It stops capture after the enter key is pushed, signifying the end of the su password. It turns around and runs it's own script where it populates itself across a network or internet using the same vulnerability, and lies dormant for a few days, then triggers a payload of: cd to '/' and run sudo rm -rf command supplying the password that it captured from keystrokes... Woopsie, files are gone.

Is that possible? I dunno. Just a random thought. I'm still a unix noober.
                            Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I like those that pop up at the bottom of the screen and tell you that you need to go to their site and download their software to get rid of the stuff they tell you that you have.
                              Kids, don't play with too many knives! -Crack Stuntman

Comment

Working...
                              X