There is an Insect / Bug in my Apple Macbook Pro screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an Insect / Bug in my Apple Macbook Pro screen

A few weeks ago an insect crawled in my screen. It moved around for about 24 hours. I tried to chase it out with my mouse pointer for a few minutes but that didn't work. It has now died inside my screen. Is this covered under apple care?? Hmm. Picture attached.

Video:

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-149720409328824558&hl=en[/media]Can anyone recommend an exterminator?

Our Google video embedding tool appears to be broken. I guess we need to fix that:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28824558&hl=en
    Attached Files

Just open up the case and spray it with that wind in a can stuff. (dust remover?)

If it is under warranty, then as always send it back before you open it, but I am not sure they cover a physical bug

What is their dead-pixel policy? Maybe say it is a convenient dead pixel pattern.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      Just open up the case and spray it with that wind in a can stuff. (dust remover?)
      Taking this thing apart is around 80 screws and not a lot of fun. i did it once to replace my hard drive. I would also think that the screen component is completely sealed except for the one place the bug crawled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic View Post
        A few weeks ago an insect crawled in my screen. It moved around for about 24 hours. I tried to chase it out with my mouse pointer for a few minutes but that didn't work. It has now died inside my screen. Is this covered under apple care?? Hmm. Picture attached.

Video:

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-149720409328824558&hl=en[/media]Can anyone recommend an exterminator?

Our Google video embedding tool appears to be broken. I guess we need to fix that:
        [media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-149720409328824558&hl=en[/media]
        I'm sorry but the story made me laugh. Especially trying to chase it out with your mouse pointer..
        2005 Velocity Red RX-8 GT

Comment

is it possible to simply "massage" the bug either to a location outside the screen view or to a place you could get to it?
          check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

try debug=true......

Comment

I thought I had seen everything until now. I would have tried to paint it into a corner with photoshop. Can of air (or compressor) sounds like a good idea!

Comment

My friend that works at apple tells me it should be covered under warranty as long as all the bug(s) are dead.

It makes sense that apple wouldn't want to call in an exterminator if my laptop was infested.

Comment

it looks like a tick....

Comment

Originally posted by canibusfan View Post
                    it looks like a tick....

I think it was a tick. Apple replaced the monitor. no questions asked. I am very impressed with Apple.

Comment

oh dear.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. A bug crawled in my screen and died, and now it's been there for a while. They really replaced it if it's under warranty? I want to take it down there and see, but I don't wan to waste a trip, it's kind of a long drive...
                      It's the only bug I've gotten on my Mac. except I never though it would actually be a real bug. sad day.
                      Did you have to pay anything?

Comment

http://www.bugzilla.org/

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
                        DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
                        Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
                        XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
                        Car PC v3 - 2008
                        XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

This gave me an idea for an app:
                          Are there any iphone/android developers here?
                          This could be a free / upgrade type of app

royalties ---
                          I'd be happy with used parts, like a FB, mac mini (1st gen intel), ect ...
                          a working infill G4 .... lolololo

joking aside, I do have a good idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X