Computer not loading up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer not loading up?

My desktop computer goes to the xp screen (where the bar on the bottom scrolls to the right-to signal loading), but wont boot into xp, it just keeps restarting itsef. It just started one day doing this. Any ideas? I took it to best buy to run a diagnostics, and they said I must of had a lightning strike, or surge of power go through my computer.

Is this reasonable? Is there anyway I can test certain parts of my pc to see whats working right, without having to put it all in another computer?

Try to boot in safe mode (press f8 before the xp screen). Then try to back up the stuff and format. Or put in another hard drive and try to install windows and see.

Comment

i already tried booting up in safe mode, it just restarts.

Comment

get to the bios screen (hit Del, F10, F1, whatever) - change the bios to boot from CD first - then load up the windows install CD - repair or rebuild as necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by lbridges View Post
          get to the bios screen (hit Del, F10, F1, whatever) - change the bios to boot from CD first - then load up the windows install CD - repair or rebuild as necessary.
          That worked thank you a ton, I honestly cant believe I never tried this before. Bestbuys geek squad told me that my motherboard and memory were shot, and that I needed everything new, nice jobs jackass. (I used to work at best buy, and honest truth I never had a bad experience with an employee other than this douche, I was in home theater and at least I knew just about every question I was faced with(cocky award goes to TexasAggie))
          Even told me he ran the diagnostic test twice.

But real talk Ibridges, thanks bro.

Comment

Working...
          X