Outlook XP Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook XP Problem

After upgrading from Office 2000 to Office XP, Outlook no longer saves my passwords for my email accounts.

I have it checked "Save this password in your password list" and also have "Remember Password" selected under Account Properties. Outlook only saves the password for that session of Outlook. When I close and reopen Outlook, I'm asked for my password, ("Save this password in your password list" is now unchecked). When I check the account properties "Remember Password" is still selected, but the password field is empty.

I've tried deleting and recreating the accounts, it doesn't solve the problem.

If I had just one email account it wouldn't matter, but I have a few.

Suggestions?
    ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

A quick search on google turned up this link:Outlook passwords

Comment

After a lot of searching, I found out that "Protected Storage" service was disabled. This was my problem.
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
      X