Mythbusters Paintball guns.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusters Paintball guns.

In a demonstration at Nvidia's NVISION show, the Mythbusters used paintball guns to illustrate the difference between current CPUs and future GPUs. The CPU's stand in was a single paintball gun that repositioned itself after every shot in order create a picture. But the GPU was represented by an 1,100 barrel gun, which paints the entire Mona Lisa in a single blast.

http://www.topnewsblog.info/tblog_10910.htm

That was awesome!
    Kids, don't play with too many knives! -Crack Stuntman

Comment

That is amazing!
      The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

the paint ball machine gun was impressive but you really can't compare a CPU to a GPU.
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

that was awesome!
          ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

wow...awesome
            My old Worklog

Comment

Intel's latest quad-core CPU, the Core 2 Extreme QX6700, consists of 582 million transistors. That's a lot. But it pales in comparison to the 680 million transistors of nVidia's latest video card, the 8800 GTX.

On the demo the CPU has 1 paint gun and the GPU has 1100 paint guns?

Based on the transistor count, GPU is not that more complex than the CPU and how about the clock speed compare to CPU?

So how can the GPU be 1100 times more powerful than the CPU from the way they are trying to demo?

Obviously the demo is setup to favour the GPU

Comment

Working...
              X