Component vs VGA running long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Component vs VGA running long

For my home theatre projector...it only accepts VGA for the highest definition 1600x1200 so i need help.
    Going from my XBOX and XBOX 360...

xbox i need to have an adaptor to component
    and xbox 360 has component cables

Run VGA as long as possible...or component as long as possible? will component has less of a signal loss?
    Thanks!
    M10000 mobo, low profile 512mb ram, 2.5" 120gb hdd, 80watt power supply

I would recomend running the vga long. I run a vga cable that is over 100 ft long from a computer to a projector and I haven;t had any problems with it.

Are you planning on hooking up your xbox to a projector?

I would go with the VGA longer also consider this when you go from component to vga sometimes the converterss don't work good I tried buying one from Radio shack and I could not get the stupid thing to work.

So if your going to go from component or HDMI, RGB, or just the yellow component make sure you get a good VGA converter box.
    Do us all a favor and ram your head into a wall.

Comment

I thought it was recommended that video game systems do no be used on projectors? If you want the clearest sharper image, go VGA. You will not have any signal loss. When you go over lengths past 200 ft is when you have signal loss.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

wanna recommend where to get cables at a reasonable price that are good quality? i bought VGA at this store and nothing but bad luck with ghosting

Comment

Originally posted by Transamsfast View Post
          wanna recommend where to get cables at a reasonable price that are good quality
          Monoprice.com I've gotten lots of cable including a 50' VGA and a 50' component cable from them and been very satisfied.

Comment

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

looked at that... but the component ends look cheap compared to the premium cables they have for component

Comment

looked at that... but the component ends look cheap compared to the premium cables they have for component
              looks like its just not wrapped in the plastic black coating.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I have used projectors in the past for gaming and haven't had a prblem with them. cablestogo.com has some good prices for pretty much any cable you want.
                Do us all a favor and ram your head into a wall.

Comment

Make sure you read all the warnings on the description for that cable. It probably won't work for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X