Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a computer speaker system....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a computer speaker system....

I got a $50 Best buy gift card dealymabobber for xmas. I desperately need a new audio setup for my computer. anyone have any experience with anything that is available at BB??? i'm looking for a 2.1 system. i think i can stand to spend ~$30 over the card, so $70-80 range.....

any ideas?

later,
    nathan

The new Logitech Speakers sound great, although for a 2.1 setup they might cost less then your card, so you could get something better with your money.
    Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
    Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
    '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

i am dying to stand up and yell KLIPSCH!!! but they are a bit out of your price range No one seems to make good 2.1 speakers in that price range.. they all are either $20 2.1 setups or 4.1, etc... oh well
      Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
      Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
      Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
      www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Altec Lansing makes a good set of 2.1's for about $30

Comment

i agree with the Altec Lansing's. i have an older set which i got like 4 years ago and they are some of the best (2.1) speakers i have ever heard. The model number is ACS45.1 but they dont make that model anymore. They still make the same speakers, just diff. model number. I know 2 other computer "nuts" like myself that have the same ones and absolutely love them.
          2004 F-150
          Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
          "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Working...
          X