Was I not paying attention?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I not paying attention?

Did I miss something, or has everyone started up a MP3CarComputer company in the past week. I swear I've seen a half dozen annoucements from various companies announcing their new system.
    -Nick

not only that, but does every one of these companies feel the need to do exactly what Zip-Lock said not to? (come here and spam?)

Comment

HEY CRAZY!!!!!!

Did you see the thread you posted in for the "Latest and (not so) Greatest" Carputer has been locked out?

I was hoping to see the answers to you questions...
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Do you guys get the same suggestion from relatives whenever they see or hear about your carPC?

'Ooooh, you should build them and sell them to the masses - you're so clever with your computers'

I've learned to just nod and smile. Mentioning support cost means that I am 'negative'.

C!
        http://carpc.riposte.net
        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

well, I reposted the questions themselves elsewhere, and notified Switch, the guy behind 5-Speed PC as to where he can answer those questions.

Hopefuly he'll be answering them shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLittle
            well, I reposted the questions themselves elsewhere, and notified Switch, the guy behind 5-Speed PC as to where he can answer those questions.
            Isn't one of those machines just a cappucino?

C!
            http://carpc.riposte.net
            I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Originally posted by C4M
              Do you guys get the same suggestion from relatives whenever they see or hear about your carPC?

'Ooooh, you should build them and sell them to the masses - you're so clever with your computers'

I've learned to just nod and smile. Mentioning support cost means that I am 'negative'.

C!
              I just say it would be a support nightmare and leave it at that...

Originally posted by C4M
              Isn't one of those machines just a cappucino?
              Yep...But it has "special" software...
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Well, same idea and layout as said earlier, it's the same thing as G-Net (www.gnetcanada.com) where they're taking off-the-shelf computers and parts, bundling and marketting them to people who probably shouldn't have an in-car PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler

Yep...But it has "special" software...
                  Is that "special" like in special olympics special? Or ohhh neat ! special?

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                    Did you see the thread you posted in for the "Latest and (not so) Greatest" Carputer has been locked out?

I was hoping to see the answers to you questions...
                    I'm interested too, it's opened back up. See my post in there.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLittle
                      Well, same idea and layout as said earlier, it's the same thing as G-Net (www.gnetcanada.com) where they're taking off-the-shelf computers and parts, bundling and marketting them to people who probably shouldn't have an in-car PC.
                      True, but it seems to me that this is the most cost effective way to market such a thing, if one were inclined to do so. With companies like G-Net and 5speed pc out there, there's no way one could sell a hand built, plexi-enclosed, custom from the ground up pc for the car.... hell, you'd lose money doing that even without the competition. Also, it seems that it would take a bit of the warranty cost off one's shoulders... if something screws up, more of the product may be covered by someone else. I've built a couple of the cappucino setups for a local custom car shop, but I'm only making a couple hundred dollars over what I spend. I'm just a 'supplier' however.... the shop is responsible for installation, and their name goes on it- and that's the way I like it.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      The party of the first part will party with the party of the second part until the parties party to the part where the parties part.

Comment

Yeah - but my simple point really is that people who can't understand the workings of what they're trying to put into their car (as entertainment) are the same group of people who give cell phones a bad name. They don't need any -new- distractions to take their minds off the road, and a car-PC is just another one of those distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                          Is that "special" like in special olympics special? Or ohhh neat ! special?
                          Special like a short bus pc
                          sold to people who like aol
                          If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

Working...
                          X