Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper Spray Anti-theft! / Unique anti-theft

http://translate.google.com/translat...84&sl=fr&tl=en

Man I love this idea yet this is the only product of its type that I could find, anybody ever seen anything of this sort?

Whats the most Unique Anti-theft device you've see.. Discuss on!

There was a thread about shocking people and I believe at one point there was a boxing glove that would punch people in the face.

Problem is they're all illegal. The person who steals your car can then sue you for damages.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by colin View Post
      The person who steals your car can then sue you for damages.
      "Well you're Honor; as I broke his window I was then pepper sprayed in the face... and I would like 5000 grand compensation"

Hahaha yeah, but if you put enough in your ride I think its totally worth it, hell even if you don't screw em lol

Comment

Directed Electronics (DEI) used to have a device that would emit a smokescreen into the vehicle if the alarm was triggered(Same kind of artificial smoke used in dance clubs, etc.). Didn't actually hurt anyone, but it's pretty hard to steal anything if you can't see! Sadly, it hasn't been available for many years now.

Comment

I like it. Why not!
          CarPC: Mini-MAC Coming Soon!

Comment

oh thats awesome, you should just put a waiver on your door that states if you break into my car you will be pepper sprayed, most people will take it as a joke and if anyone tries to break in they have been warned and have no claim

1993 Mitsubishi Verada

My Ride

Comment

i do remember at one stage, I saw on the ABC TV show "New Inventors"..

It was a little device that would spray the crook in the face with what looks like water.. This has a unique identifcation in the liquid which would stay the person for weeks regardless of showers unless washed of straight away.

Its not the best to stop them getting it, But if you have a camera system that streams a 24 hour recorded buffer to a external server/pc.. Then its easy to give the cops the video/pictures along with a test sample of the spray.

With a little googling you may be able to find the product and the people making it. Im sure they would not mind a few beta testers at a price.

Im just at work n not working, So i would be doing that now.
              2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
              Base System = Raspberry Pi
              Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

This is an option on cars in South African.

1) How is it legal?

2) I want it..........
                -SwiftDeath

Comment

If you've seen Gone In 60 Seconds, there is an old Hot Rod with flame throwers on it and before they steal it, they push an override button under the door. The purpose of this system if you stand at the driver side door and try to steal it, a flame shoots out from under the car and cooks your legs to the bone. The button is an override in case something goes wrong and is only known to the owner.
                  Ampie Case
                  2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                  256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                  Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                  Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                  M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftDeath View Post
                    This is an option on cars in South African.

1) How is it legal?

2) I want it..........
                    Not sure they are lol though I will be adding a propane lit exhaust soon enough

Something like this

http://royalcrossfarm.com/FLAMETHROWER.html

Comment

In my opinion, the best anti-theft system, if the whole car got stolen, would be...

A system that detects that you are out of reach of innocent bystanders... then... IMPLODE

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post
                        In my opinion, the best anti-theft system, if the whole car got stolen, would be...

A system that detects that you are out of reach of innocent bystanders... then... IMPLODE
                        Maybe if your rich man lol because I really doubt that would be covered with any insurance plan

Edit: Geico don't got your back this time lmao

Comment

One device my previous boss was playing around with when he was working at the radar station up here in Northern Australia was a solenoid driven spike bed under the drivers seat.

Basically a small wooden board below the seat that when triggered would stab/jump up and down under the seat. The spikes/nails on the board would pierce the drivers seat and extend to about 2 inches above the top of the seat. Considering it can be possible to have this board pulse/jump at least once a second or more... It would kill them with in a few seconds from shock/bleeding and so on..
                          2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
                          Base System = Raspberry Pi
                          Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

I'm waiting for one of these devices to false alarm whilst you're driving along. I hope I'm not nearby when it happens.
                            Old Systems retired due to new car
                            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                              I'm waiting for one of these devices to false alarm whilst you're driving along. I hope I'm not nearby when it happens.

I would be too scared to even drive my own car... Spike strips, flame throwers, pepper spray, all that jazz, when in the car but disarmed is enough to deter the sane owner from driving. That one bad morning when you forget to press the override button and you get spiked/charbroiled/sprayed would probably be less than fun...
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X