How Do I Get This Off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Get This Off?

I put a new exterior door on last night, and the landlord used some wood spacers under the old door frame to keep it up and level. I left that there, but added some "Great Stuff" foam insulation to seal it a bit better.

Well during the use the tip of the "straw" on the can broke and I had to just do it without the straw. While that worked just fine now I have this great stuff all over my finger. It's hard and dried. Last night when I tried pulling it off I also ended up taking some skin off. Suck.

Advice? I've tried soap, and coconut oil thus far. I need something more powerful
    FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
    My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Paint thinner or gasoline would be my guess.
    Lilliput EBY701, M2-ATX, Intel 1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram, 160 GB 2.5 hard drive, Centrafuse, Garmin Mobile PC, GlobalSat BU-353.
    My 2000 Saturn SL2 Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by skeet2331 View Post
      Paint thinner or gasoline would be my guess.
      I had not thought of that, I'll give that a shot tonight!

Comment

nail polish remover may be safer

Comment

Been there, done that. As per the can, chemicals won't work. I finally resorted to a fine grit sanding sponge. On the plus side, your skin will be much softer once you get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddW65 View Post
            Been there, done that. As per the can, chemicals won't work. I finally resorted to a fine grit sanding sponge. On the plus side, your skin will be much softer once you get it off.
            I'm going to look like a terrorist in the line with just the nail polish remover & paint thinner - I better hold off on the screws we need for the next door

I'll give the suggestions a try tonight and see what I can get off. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X