Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unusuall internet Speed :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • unusuall internet Speed :)

    My house flickered like a power outage was about to happen and my network died. So i rebooted the router and the cable modem. After that i'm now getting 4 times the speed!



    I use to have like 4-6mbs now im getting 15! and like 700k upload now 2mb!

    I hope it stays this way
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

    My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

    Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

  • #2
    Im guessing everyone elses modems must have gone down too and you just punked all the bandwidth? I hope so anyway, I'll be pretty upset if you're getting an average 15mb/s download while Im stuck here with much less!
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

    Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

    Comment


    • #3

      funny thats my average dl on the lowest comcast contract =]

      Edit:Ha but you live in cali thats why XD

      Comment


      • #4
        Holy upload!



        I live in Niagara Falls (very busy city) in Canada so... thats my only excuse.
        2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
        Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
        Blog

        Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
        The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

        Comment


        • #5
          I used to be able to get 20mb/s on upload meters because of comcast's "speedboost", but it was only a 10 second burst before it went down to 6 again
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by colin View Post
            Holy upload!



            I live in Niagara Falls (very busy city) in Canada so... thats my only excuse.
            Snap; How much are you paying for that, my bill is 45 usd

            Comment


            • #7
              Comcast speed/rates are a ripoff at various parts of the country/continent.

              The lowest price gets anything from 4mbps to 20mbps depending where you live. Here in the boonies there are no competitors, so they dont really care. The maximum I can get if I were to pay $75/mo would be 12Mbps. Complete crap. Only alternative is Quest DSL though at like 800kbps down.

              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Comcast speed/rates are a ripoff at various parts of the country/continent.

                The lowest price gets anything from 4mbps to 20mbps depending where you live. Here in the boonies there are no competitors, so they dont really care. The maximum I can get if I were to pay $75/mo would be 12Mbps. Complete crap. Only alternative is Quest DSL though at like 800kbps down.

                Yeah back when I lived in the boonies the bill was 45 usd for 2megs totally bs but thats all there was "Country Cable" hahaha a mom n' pop service

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jitters333 View Post
                  Yeah back when I lived in the boonies the bill was 45 usd for 2megs totally bs but thats all there was "Country Cable" hahaha a mom n' pop service
                  Well we have no competition. Boonies I guess was a little strong for me to say. There are half a million people here, and we are less than 60 miles from Denver. But even in Denver the speed is less than 10Mbps.

                  I cant wait until Verizon comes and lays fiber around here. That'll make Comcast take their stupid bandwidth caps off.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    Well we have no competition. Boonies I guess was a little strong for me to say. There are half a million people here, and we are less than 60 miles from Denver. But even in Denver the speed is less than 10Mbps.

                    I cant wait until Verizon comes and lays fiber around here. That'll make Comcast take their stupid bandwidth caps off.
                    yeah and im waiting for portlands wimax to start to spread over my direction! =D
                    yeah country cable serviced ~300 customers hahaha no where near 1/2 a mill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mines running pretty slow today, normally nearer 80

                      Mileage Calculator and logger in progress check it out :)
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...italcarsig.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pretty average for me.

                        Lilliput EBY701, M2-ATX, Intel 1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram, 160 GB 2.5 hard drive, Centrafuse, Garmin Mobile PC, GlobalSat BU-353.
                        My 2000 Saturn SL2 Worklog

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wouldn't use comcast, they'll sell you out if they think your DLing the wrong things. Don't they have a monthly limit too? I can't support a company who would help make things like this more popular.
                          Chris Krug
                          owner, turbine minivan
                          http://www.youtube.com/krugtech

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by turbochris View Post
                            I wouldn't use comcast, they'll sell you out if they think your DLing the wrong things. Don't they have a monthly limit too? I can't support a company who would help make things like this more popular.
                            Yeah well it's comcast or dial-up. DSL sucks around my area so I don't have much of a choice. Hate monopolies. And yes they have a 250gb monthly download limit. It won't be long until all cable companies enact the limit I'm sure just like satellite companies do.
                            "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                            RevFE
                            My Shop

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Upload is unusually low, usually around 1.2 area
                              FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

                              My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
                              My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X