carpc sighting, more of a mobile cubicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpc sighting, more of a mobile cubicle

passed this car in hoboken on the way to see the fireworks. looked like he was editing music videos. sorry for my crappy cellphone pic.

2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Originally posted by lacning74 View Post
    passed this car in hoboken on the way to see the fireworks. looked like he was editing music videos. sorry for my crappy cellphone pic.

Well obviously not optimized for the car, but at least the idea is spreading.

I have a portable printer I plug in sometimes. It has its own battery and prints out colour even all for $15 from ebay . There were times when I needed to run a circuit simulation I forgot on the way to school, so I would fire it up and let it processes during my drive. I used to get renders done as well, but not so much anymore.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Heh, that just looks like a hazard when driving, all bright and all. I hope he was stationary
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

I could have sworn Ive seen that (or a similar) install somewhere on the internet before. Is that a CRT monitor?

Comment

Google is your friend:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/01bx6MPfxQcow

Also, http://www.flickr.com/photos/thefangmonster/200658445/

Comment

Hot girl who digs the geeky guys -
            Hey cool Car Cubicle Dude would you like to go out tonight!
            Car Cubicle Dude -
            Totally! Oh snap... wait... can we take your car? There's no room in mine... unless you prefer the trunk!

Comment

But then she couldnt, since hince cubicle takes up all the passenger space
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

im confused... so op took a pic of some girls caroffice and that same girl just happens to have pics of it already online? and someone just found those pics based off what op posted?

Comment

Originally posted by trader007 View Post
                  im confused... so op took a pic of some girls caroffice and that same girl just happens to have pics of it already online? and someone just found those pics based off what op posted?
                  Almost correct. It's actually a guy with some big 80's hair.

I figured it's so distinctive that someone else must have taken pictures and commented on it. Just put "car office convertible" in Google image search and there it is.

Also, based on the daylife.com link, he's had that setup for 7 years as of 2007. Now there's a car computer pioneer.

Comment

Working...
                  X