Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started work on my website again, have a question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started work on my website again, have a question!

I started to work on my site agian, I wanted to add my worklog to it, but I do not want to sit there and recreate the thing. Is there a way to get my worklog to display in my own format onto my site? If yes can someone explain how to do it?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Frames. Put a link to this thread into a frame, that way all of your navigation is still on your webpage, but someone can click "Worklog" or whatever you name it and the worklog will show. I'd have to dig a little, but I have the code to do it. If you want it, let me know.
    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Frames are evil...

curl it.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by freeflashstuff View Post
        Frames. Put a link to this thread into a frame, that way all of your navigation is still on your webpage, but someone can click "Worklog" or whatever you name it and the worklog will show. I'd have to dig a little, but I have the code to do it. If you want it, let me know.
        Yea, basically I use iFrames, Frames are bad, iFrames are good, lol. To get the forum pages to pop in there, I simply add the iFrame window name to the code. I am just worried that it will get all smashed into my window. Remember the site is a mini site.

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        Frames are evil...

curl it.
        I agree, but iFrames are good, lol

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Yea, basically I use iFrames, Frames are bad, iFrames are good, lol. To get the forum pages to pop in there, I simply add the iFrame window name to the code. I am just worried that it will get all smashed into my window. Remember the site is a mini site.

I agree, but iFrames are good, lol
          I hate scroll bars within scroll bars. inline frames are better than the full window frames, but still any site with iframes looks cheap to me...
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            I hate scroll bars within scroll bars. inline frames are better than the full window frames, but still any site with iframes looks cheap to me...
            I agree, scroll bars are very tacky, especially if the iframe and main window have them. Thats the reason I disabled the main scroll bars and only have the main iframe with scroll bars.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

There are tons of ways. How good are you with programming? Is the siteusing PHP at all? javascript even?

You can programatically make it happen so that it downloads the necessary portions of the mp3car page and inserts said portions into your page.
              My Nearly Complete Car:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ed-car-pc.html

Micro Control Center... Control Your Car Across the Internet
              http://www.mp3car.com/fusion-brain/1...-internet.html

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)
              http://paulfurtado.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PaulF View Post
                There are tons of ways. How good are you with programming? Is the siteusing PHP at all? javascript even?

You can programatically make it happen so that it downloads the necessary portions of the mp3car page and inserts said portions into your page.
                It uses mainly flash and Javascript. I know there was a way, but I cant remember it, its been such a long time.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

There is a "way" but you need to program it and it's not necessarily easy. Going the javascript route would require you to do things one of two hacky ways. You could use AJAX, download the mp3car page to memory, parse the tags you want and play with how to output them using the likes of innerHTML or the proper DOM functions.

You could also do something pretty cool with it in a hacky way that may be more reliable. You can make a hidden IFrame load the mp3car thread and then use javascript to do something like this:

Code:
                  <body onload="document.body.innerHTML = document.getElementById("IframeNameHere").body.innerHTML;">
                  Assuming I got my syntax right, that would copy everything from the body of the iframe to the body of the page you're coding and remove everything from the body of the page you're coding. To keep it whats already in the body, you could concatenate instead like so:
                  Code:
                  <body onload="document.body.innerHTML += document.getElementById("IframeNameHere").body.innerHTML;">
                  My Nearly Complete Car:

Website: (It's a work in progress, really. All my projects have taken me from ever really developing it.)

Comment

by "IframeNameHere" I really meant iframe id =)
                    My Nearly Complete Car:

Comment

website is seriously lacking
                      - Project: Unified Car Control
                      - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Comment

Originally posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
                        website is seriously lacking
                        Can you be more specific. If you mean content, then of course its lacking, its just a template, no info has been put in.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by PaulF View Post
                          There is a "way" but you need to program it and it's not necessarily easy. Going the javascript route would require you to do things one of two hacky ways. You could use AJAX, download the mp3car page to memory, parse the tags you want and play with how to output them using the likes of innerHTML or the proper DOM functions.

You could also do something pretty cool with it in a hacky way that may be more reliable. You can make a hidden IFrame load the mp3car thread and then use javascript to do something like this:

Code:
                          <body onload="document.body.innerHTML = document.getElementById("IframeNameHere").body.innerHTML;">
                          Assuming I got my syntax right, that would copy everything from the body of the iframe to the body of the page you're coding and remove everything from the body of the page you're coding. To keep it whats already in the body, you could concatenate instead like so:
                          Code:
                          <body onload="document.body.innerHTML += document.getElementById("IframeNameHere").body.innerHTML;">
                          Easiest way is curl. Seriously.

Use a php page, curl the mp3car worklog. Then use php string parsing to get your posts, and put into a html code variable that would be displayed first. Then take all posts that are not yours, and parse them into a "comment" section below or something.

Much better than iframing.

Comment

Working...
                          X