Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aspect/s of your current car makes it feel cool to you and why ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aspect/s of your current car makes it feel cool to you and why ?

What aspect/s of your current car (or any previous one that you rate as your favorite car you've owned so far) do you believe makes or made it feel cool (whatever your definition of that is) to you and please say why.

The complete integration and automation of my current carpc really seals the deal for me. It just feels like a factory system, and to me that makes the car really fun to use.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Topless, 2,100 lbs, 240 HP at the wheels, RWD w/ LSD, and just enough tire to put it all to good use.

Do I have to explain why?

Comment

joe_p + Topless + 2100 lbs = Chubby Chaser...

The terabyte in my console, custom in-dash touchscreen, custom center console and the fact I did it all by myself makes it cool to me and given the fact I'm the only one in 90 miles with a rolling computer just adds to it.
        Originally posted by menudude
        thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky View Post
          Hahaha. Where's the :bowrofl: smiley when you need it?

Perhaps a picture is worth 1k in this instance:

Comment

2.5" lift kit, strong motor and the "ford" logo on the front.

Comment

The fact that I've done all the mods myself and it is a blast to drive. Plus it's a vehicle model that has been around since 1964. The mid 70's well I consider those the "dark times". Also the 2006 is a lot easier to modify than my 68 fastback.

Click for my projects
              2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                Ahhh, you're a hairdresser.
                LOL, That was random unless I'm missing the point!

What I think is cool is that it was one of the first midsize SUVs that had three rows of seats. It was actually my dogs that picked the car. I also have a Ford Focus and they would cry and throw up all over that car, and because its manual, it was hard for me to turn around and talk to them. Gave the car to my mom (sorry for the smell mommy!!!!!!). Second is that Shelby built a Shelby Durango version, called the Shelby 360. They still sell the kit. It has enough room for my monster PC install and all gadgets. It doesnt look fast (without body kit) but it is and once I take the limitor off and do a few upgrades, I can hit 135 easily. I was brought up on small cars and swore I would never drive an SUV, but I fell in love with this truck. It is literally the only SUV that appeals to me (1998-2003 Durango, the 2004 and up I hate). They will be releasing a 2012 Durango, that goes back to the looks of the 2003 that everyone liked, but more modern and bigger. If it gets better MPG then I will most likely buy that one and sell mine for parts since I modded mine to much. The PC systems will most def go with me.
                Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                  The complete integration and automation of my current carpc really seals the deal for me. It just feels like a factory system, and to me that makes the car really fun to use.
                  Originally posted by SjLucky View Post

The terabyte in my console, custom in-dash touchscreen, custom center console and the fact I did it all by myself makes it cool to me and given the fact I'm the only one in 90 miles with a rolling computer just adds to it.

What both of you guys said Having it feel like its a factory integrated computer is excellent. Doing it urself gives u a huge sense of accomplishment. I'm still showing off to all my friends in houston :P
                  ~The Build Process Begins~
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newb...you-think.html

~The Build Process Ends~
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...completed.html

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                    LOL, That was random unless I'm missing the point!
                    It's just one of an endless series of jokes about Miata drivers. Makes it all the more fun when a kid / recent retiree pulls up next to you in their stock Corvette / Boxster / Camaro / 911 / Mustang / Charger and revs the motor. (I've learned to just let the Supra owners have their win. Those bastards are crazier than we are when it comes to boost.)

Personally, I find the whole situation ironically amusing. Kinda the same as when I drove a '71 VW Beetle with a turbocharged 914 engine in it. If someone driving a musclecar beats a Miata / Beetle in a stoplight drag, they're going to sound a tad silly bragging to their friends about it. On the other hand, if they are soundly beaten by a sleeper Miata / Beetle, well, you pretty much have to commit suicide at that point.

I just love it when, after said exhibition, the driver pulls back up next to me and asks "what kind of engine do you have in that car?" (presumably expecting it to be sporting an LS1 conversion) to which I always reply "1.6 liter," omitting any mention of running it at 15 PSI. Or (from the ricer crowd, generally) "You got nawz in that thing?" which gets answered with a simple "No."

Comment

vroom

zippy little hatchback, and i look like a clown exiting from a clown car in it.
                      If its not broke, try and fix it.
                      My First Carputer

Comment

Redneck Mobile.

33x12.50r17 and no lift yet 35s coming in winter. 360 cubic inches of gas sucking V8. The only truck (or car) in town with a full computer. And best of all I got the title - IT'S MINE! And go ahead and open a can of haterade IT'S A DODGE RAM
                        For those who fought FREEDOM has a flavor the PROTECTED will never know. Support our troops.

Comment

coolest part is the AC, and I havent even had it recharged (8-9 years old now).

(I thought E would go for this one, so I had to chime in first )
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                          X