Is this your Forte?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this your Forte?

Sorry for the pun...What do you guys think about the Forte though vs the competition (Civic, Corolla, etc). Here's a pic and review:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...iew/index.html

Looks like it would be hell to install an aftermarket headunit/LCD without major dash reworking :/
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
      Looks like it would be hell to install an aftermarket headunit/LCD without major dash reworking :/
      it actually looks like they could easily make a double din for it...

Comment

it kinda looks like a corolla. it would awesome if you could reuse the cd slot with eject button and cd-in light and change the hazard into a big red eye like HAL!
        I thought only poor people bought a kia? I know down here on the radio kia dealerships say "Do you have a job? Do You Have $99.00? We Can Put You In a New Kia Something." I changed jobs a couple years ago and with my first check I told my girlfriend I was gonna 6 kias. She laughed and told me to shut up...
        Originally posted by menudude
        thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Here is a broader pic of the interior/center stack

From the looks of it (in the picture, and having seen it in person), it would obviously require either a prefab kit, or some custom work to get in a double din LCD, however there should be room. I like the idea on keeping the CD slot and button.

On the Kia Brand note, the review suggest they have made up a lot of ground. Still inexpensive, but a solid competitor with this and previously, the Soul.

Comment

I dont think I would say solid competitor.

Toyota and Honda arent even in the same class as Kia. That's like comparing a Chihuly to a glass bowl from Walmart. Yeah they both work but you can't really compare them.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Oh come on malcom, don't shy away from a challenge.

Comment

aesthetically, it has a good Wow effect, this car is the spectra´s replacement and i was thinking on one for myself, but...
                from the quality point of view, you can feel the difference on materials, fabrication and other things, is lower to make it cheapier.

If you can feel it just by the interiors, what about cabling, paint, engine?

I love it´s look, but im keeping my spectra 2005 for a few years, i am very pleased with it.

Remember an 110hp average if you care about feeling nice and feeling fast.
                REQUIRED HARDWARE [50%]
                CARPUTER INSTALLATION [0%]
                LCD IN DASH FRABRICATION [??%]

Additional mods:
                KNIGHT RIDER LED MOD:[99%]
                Worklog Album

Comment

looks like a twin of my wifes new Honda civic.

Comment

link dont work
                    Carputer to sell : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbcl...?do=ad&id=2684

Comment

yes looks like cutting half, the civic´s front and a toyota/bmw´s back.
                      REQUIRED HARDWARE [50%]

Additional mods:
                      Worklog Album

Comment

Originally posted by ARN1382 View Post
                        yes looks like cutting half, the civic´s front and a toyota/bmw´s back.

But I will at least give them that they are not Hyundai style copying yet. At least they are chopping 2 cars together, not just taking some car and making a direct replica.

But I also feel the same way on materials. I have never owned a Kia but I have been given one as a rental. It to me is lower in quality than even a Ford/Chevy. The last Ford rental I was in, it was a brand new small-SUV. I dont know the name... But you pressed on the dash and the whole thing bowed in. Like the whole thing was made of jello. Then the steering wheel was like an old I Love Lucy episode. Turn the steering wheel back and forth, and you keep moving in a straight line. The Kia had the same dash problems, and squeaking ontop of that. Evertime you get in, "squeeeeeeeak". Put your hand on the armrest, and it wails somemore. Cant say I have ever had any of those problems in the Hondas, Toyotas, or Lexuses/Lexi (like octopus/octopi maybe???) that we own.
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by CMOS1138 View Post
                          looks like a twin of my wifes new Honda civic.
                          The Koup version actually looks pretty different. Shares little styling with the sedan and is generally more aggressive. The interior and center stack are however very similar.

Comment

hmmm...
                            a small civ-zda 6.

but gorgeous in fact
                            REQUIRED HARDWARE [50%]

Additional mods:
                            Worklog Album

Comment

shopping carts have stronger wheel bearings then KIA cars. if you think that is a joke, drive a kia for 30k miles and watch your wheels start to wobble.

Comment

Working...
                              X