Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were you when I needed you? (wo's of a webmaster)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were you when I needed you? (wo's of a webmaster)

I recently decided that in the near future I would be pulling the plug on the "AnimeOtaku Info Net" which includes AnimeUplink.com AnimeFiend.com and a few others. I haven't had the time or motivation to work on the sites in over a year, and I was never able to get sufficient help to make the project viable. The project started nearly 10 years ago when I was in high school and was the driving force in my self education in the fields of graphic & web design, as well as programming. Another problem I encountered was financing.. hosting fees can pose quite a burden if you add up the cost of what I deem as a useless site over the time it has run. I get about 1/2million hits per month, I'm not really sure why.

Anyway, in the past 2 nights, I've recieved 2 offers for advertising money. Where the hell were these people when this project was actually moving? The frustration comes without end.
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Just out of curiosity, 1/2 million hits = how much data transfer?
    -Nick

Comment

it was under my quota so that's all I ever worried about, it was a couple gigs I think.

edit: last month was 1.5million hits 1.5GB
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Working...
      X