Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stolen iphone... any ideas

E Z enough title

apparently somebody helped themselves to my iphone. heres the good part: THREE DAYS AGO

any ideas as to how to get it back?

thankx

Insurance claim...

Aside from that unless you can track it yourself via GPS - doubtful....
    FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
    My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Report it to ATT? They should have your imei registered, right?
      I see you're from NO.... I'm working in norco right now.. who dat?!

Comment

Originally posted by jpinkerton View Post
        Insurance claim...

Aside from that unless you can track it yourself via GPS - doubtful....

There isnt an app for that?
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
          There isnt an app for that?
          lol

But no seriously that sucks.. I hope you have insurance on it..
          Go ahead push my "why?" button. I dare you. whyagent.com
          *FYI, I'm helping spread this link around for State Farm

Comment

THERE IS AN APP FOR IT but seriously who thinks of it - until after its stolen too -

i work down in venice, n party in NO , and was one of the crowd in the french quarter after the game, but i live in panama city beach where there are like 1 cop per 10 persons, and thats where the phone found its legs.

im soo ****ed at my the woman cause i think shes lying about how it happened. i,ve lived here my entire life and never ever had anything broke into, stole, or what ever. But then again i dont leave an iphone on the dash in win-dixi parking lot with all doors unlocked, might as well have a neon sign saying "free ipone here"

im about to go upto atnt n see what they say. and if im lucky they made some phone calls i can get

edit: oh ive already checked local craigslist and ebay. and will be going around to pawn shops... any one have any more ideas?

Comment

I thought if you have the Mobile Me service, you can do an autolocate. Do you have Mobile Me?

Probably not if you are asking about other ways.

Reporting to AT&T is the right way to go, and probably the ONLY way to go.

Look at it this way - sure the phone got stolen but now you have a chance to get the iPhone 4.0!
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                Why do you want to punish the guy twice?
                You're right. I shouldn't have reminded him that the phone was stolen. He already knew that.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

HA i was already going to preorder it and give it to her but i guess that's not going to happen.

I didn't know about mobile me until today. looks like thats the way ill go next time. i just never thought about it cause it was 1) in my hand 2) in my pocket 3) in the bed (yes it was my alarm clock).

there's also one called "red handed" or something like that. you can find it with gps wipe it and send a bunch or noises.

local pawn shops came up with nothing.

atnt was all right. they suspended the account, ill have a minimum bill for one month, and i'll just un-suspend it when the 4g comes out. im due for an upgrade any way.

Comment

If you really want your phone back you might be able to get AT&T to do a PhaseII triangulation on your phone. This will give you the location within 50-100meters assuming the phone is on and connected to 3 or more towers.

Generally this is reserved for 911 calls, but law enforcement can generally subpoena for it to be done for many reasons. I do not see why you couldnt do the same. It will probably take some time and money, but you will have a chance to get your phone back.
                    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

by the time i found out it was gone the phone was dead or just off.

i asked the people about the same thing and they started rambling on about fcc crap. i guess its all about money. theres absolutely NO real reason why they (atnt, apple) cant label the phone as "stolen" so nobody else can get it activated or use itunes. rendering "stolen" iphones useless would denture a lot of theft. but hey as long as atnt and apple are making money nothing will change

just scratch it up as lesson learned

Comment

Working...
                      X