NY Auto Show / Monster Garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Auto Show / Monster Garage

Has anyone gone to the NY (or Detroit, etc) Auto Show? I went on Saturday and saw the Monster Garage cars they had on display. They had the Impala Zamboni, The 944 golf ball collector / shooter, and the Explorer Trash Collector.

Man, the paint on those cars look good on TV...but that's about it!
    I was hoping they would have had the 'nut shaker' on display because I really wanted to see the wood grain finish they simulated. The Explorer's paint actually looked good...but it was probably due to the fact that it was the first one and maybe they took a little more time on it.

I guess that's what you get when you shoot some paint on the car, with minimal if any prep...

- Jeff
    95 Mustang GT Convertible
    87 Mustang GT Convertible
    My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

ya they seem to only give the pain guy like 6 hours to do a paint job.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

monster garage is my favorite show followed closely by american chopper. cant wait til tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

I always did wonder how they got the paint on so quick. Monster Garage is one of my favorite shows.
        2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

yeah I saw it on sunday. I don't think its the paint really. Its all the abuse that was on the car. Age, debris from the installation and misc. junk. The paint guy could've just did a simple car wash (if even that) and slapped the paint on. Don't think it had enought time to cure either before jesse took it to the test.

Comment

I'm watching Monster Garage right now. I see what you mean by the finish. There are bumps and dents all over the car, nothing major but all adds up to a beat up ride with a sweet paint job.
            2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

Yeah, they just spray it on...on the Impala, you could see the checking in the original paint. The 944 looked one step above primer.

That's just the way it is when the guy sprays it and then 4 hours later, it's either submerged or hit with one object or another...

Yeah, I've gotten hooked on American Chopper, too. Paul makes some really cool stuff!

- Jeff
              95 Mustang GT Convertible
              87 Mustang GT Convertible
              My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Working...
              X